Looking For A Sss...questions About Them..

silverado06

i'm a newbie to this site and i'm lookin for an 03-05 silverado ss...i fell in love with them the first time i saw them...i do have some questions though..when ya'll got urs wat was the mpg like? being AWD is it sluggish stock? any problems? any answers would help.

THANKS! :confused:

ive had mine for about 6 months and it hasnt given me any probs exept for the mph guage cluster but its a recall so u get it fixed 4 free...... as fo mpg i get about 15 -16 in the city runnin on PREMIUM... and to fill it up all the way cost me anywhere from 90- 100 bucks lol hope it helps ..........

i get about 15 on the back roads and 18-20 on the highway. its fun as hell being awd. not very many people know and we when u leave them from a stop sign or light. their reaction is hilarious. ive got an intake ,catback , tune and some weight reduction( bser roll pan , removed hitch and spare tire) and ive ran a best of 14.0..

...its fun as hell being awd. not very many people know and we when u leave them from a stop sign or light. their reaction is hilarious. ...

:lol: Yup wet pavement launches are the best, everyone looks at you like you've lost your f'n mind LOL. Except when you do loose traction, it's total loss of traction :eek:

Mr. P. :)

Don't waste your money..... :rolleyes: .....There's other trucks out there that are comparable for a lot cheaper, and won't give you nearly as many headaches as the SS will.................................................

............. :jester: ......Seriously though, the SS is a great platform to build on...I used to average around 17mpg on the highway when I was driving back and forth to work...............

I get 13.6mpg... all I am running now is an intake. 37,000 miles, no major issues, had a few fuel system problems while it was still under warrenty. Only runs on high octane fuel.

If mpg's an issue for you, move on to something else, it'll kill you quick. As far as being sluggish being AWD, never met a sluggish AWD, they generally accelerate great from a dead stop, but can get sluggish 60+, but should you really be going faster then that? If so, get a car, not a flying brick, lol.

thanks guys...yea i'm sick of bein at the pump wit a V6 as often as a V8 so i figure wat the hell may as well get sumthen i want..my dad has a 96 chevy pickup wit a 305 V8 an it gets better mpg's than my 06 silverado v6...but thanks ya'll helped alot..i'm gona start lookin.