Torqu Converter Time

I'll post up later tonight what happened with my trans and transfer case issues.

Anyways, the TT2600 is probably not a good idea to put back in. I liked it and it lasted ever so long for me, but its not the right torque converter for my application.

Here is my criteria for a torque converter:

- no more than 2800-3000stall MAX

- I do light towing

- I want an antiballooning plate on it as I plan to throw more at it down the road, and all though more for nitrous, I would rather have one with it behind the supercharger.

- Something that isnt a $1,000.

I have been looking at the Yank SC3000 (but its a $1,000).

I went and found what I thought to be phoenix performance's website. Found them on ebay, but their website is now an equestrian rider supply site. I like horses, but prefer to have 500+ at a time rather than just one. So, they might be out a business or moved and I cant find them.

I would consider PI, but I would feel more comfortable with yank I think.

I would love a billet converter, but probably wont find one for less than $900.

PS all of the nightmare posts about yank are starting to scare me just a little, but there are so many out there...

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

I would go PI. I've seen more failures out of yank :puke: than PI. PI offers their converters in 9.5 in and u can get any stall u want. (ex: 2600 stall 9.5 in converter) The PI also comes with 1 free restall. :thumbs:

Price is all in what u want. They offer single disc, 3 disc, and 5 disc lock-up converters. My 3 disc was around 950. I cant remember the exact price. :banghead:

I would go PI. I've seen more failures out of yank :puke: than PI. PI offers their converters in 9.5 in and u can get any stall u want. (ex: 2600 stall 9.5 in converter) The PI also comes with 1 free restall. :thumbs:

Price is all in what u want. They offer single disc, 3 disc, and 5 disc lock-up converters. My 3 disc was around 950. I cant remember the exact price. :banghead:

:withstupid: same here i have the 3 disc muti clutch 10.5" 3000 stall and i love it :cheers:

I need it by next thursday to have my truck ready by next friday. So I would like to order before the weekend. Charles, PM me the details on that converter and I might consider it. I absolutely have to have my truck by July third as I leave for a vacation and wedding (not mine) on the 4th.

Ridings Automatics

is in MI and they could do a custom one or restall the one you have. I would check them out just to see $$ how they vary. Supersub got a custom converter spec'd exactly how he wanted (stall, ballon plates...)for about 1/2 of the PI or Yank. Ask for Mike and tell him you found him thru motown Muscle.