Lsx... Ftw

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, Gm gave the LSX name to these blocks. Typically any of the "LS" based GM motors can be coined "LSX". The LS1, LS2, LS6... etc. are all "LSx" based powerplants. The "x" is the variable.

Nice plate Dave! :cheers:

well... it finally arrived....

and the build begins next week! Time to start ordering the parts!!!

lsx_block.jpg

lsx_tag.jpg

tomorrow (thursday) i am going up to magnasun to check out my new TVS 2300... yep, the secret is out... TVS 2300 is the route i decided on... the ATI Procharger offered me a core f1r... but I would have had to design my own drive system, etc...

I and really think the 2300 is going to be a great SC... i should get some great numbers with a clean install.

dave your going to have a screamer,

did you drop the block on your toe taking it out of the truck? or did you just pick it up with one hand and sling it over your shoulder :)

all ten toes and fingers are intact... :thumbs:

uh... it did take two hands to sling it over meh shoulder mate... awkward bastard...

I guess it is time to put the current motor and SC up for sale... 5.3l with a maggie 122 ... made 430rwhp on 24" wheels... only ran synthetics through it. 5k obo... (SC 8k miles - motor 38k miles)

Excellent. :cheers: Dave, tell you engine builder to clean out the coolant passages well. The overspray from the factory has been shown to be a problem with the LSx blocks. The paint flakes off and cloggs the smaller passages as well as gums up the water pump and such. Not good.

Generalpictures036-1.jpg

Generalpictures034.jpg

Generalpictures038-1.jpg

Take a rag with a non-polar solvent (acetone etc.) and go through the holes to remove all of the overspray. A little prep work up front will save a ton of headaches later. :smash: