Workout Routine

scooter3

Dog? I'm a human being, not a ghetto hoodlum... first of all. And secondly, If you bothered to read even half of my post, you would have noticed I retracted my statement about burger king vs subway...If you really want to know the nutritional facts, why dont you do your own research like I did at their websites? I guess that would require reading dog?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dog? I'm a human being, not a ghetto hoodlum... first of all. And secondly, If you bothered to read even half of my post, you would have noticed I retracted my statement about burger king vs subway...If you really want to know the nutritional facts, why dont you do your own research like I did at their websites? I guess that would require reading dog?

IMO, common sense is more valuable than research on the internet, FTW.

I prefer to have facts, not common misconceptions (which you have, different from common sense). Misconceptions is why people stay fat and why a lot of really bad things happen to well meaning people in this country had they taken 10 minutes to get the facts for themselves. And these facts arent just off the "internet", these facts are direct from these companies selling their products to you.

Scooter, you are getting alot of great advice and its all going to be different, but most of it works.

Some will say three sets of ten reps at X% (like 70-80%, some say more, some say less) of your max one rep weight. Some will say 4 sets of 8, or 4 sets of 10. Some will swear by pyramids ( start at heavier weight of ten reps and decrease weight every set until you get down to just the bar weight only).

I've heard them all and tried many of them. My problem was commitment to do it for more than a month or two consitantly.

Alright, everybody simmer down before this gets out of hand! :rolleyes: I just created a pool workout that involves a beach ball and it is working great so far (not going to share any details because I am thinking of marketing it). I feel that total body workouts and overall strengthening are your best bet unless you want to be a ripped out muscle head (which is fine if that's what you want). When I hit the gym instead of the pool, I do 30 minutes of cardio followed by a fast paced aerobic weight lifting regiment that includes working the whole body. Do that with a balanced diet and you'll be stronger and in shape in no time (IMO).

go to www.ast-ss.com this is one of the better sites I have found really good info on everything dealing from cardio to nutrition to weigh training. they have good workouts on there to. I have used their workouts for a cpl yrs and have put on some considerable mass, love their protein an creatine.

Alright, everybody simmer down before this gets out of hand! :rolleyes: I just created a pool workout that involves a beach ball and it is working great so far (not going to share any details because I am thinking of marketing it). I feel that total body workouts and overall strengthening are your best bet unless you want to be a ripped out muscle head (which is fine if that's what you want). When I hit the gym instead of the pool, I do 30 minutes of cardio followed by a fast paced aerobic weight lifting regiment that includes working the whole body. Do that with a balanced diet and you'll be stronger and in shape in no time (IMO).

But, eat Burger King and Taco Bell for the best results :uhoh:

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

You guys crack me up. This is a lot of great info! I am going to start my workout July 1st. So I will keep everyone posted on the results.

Black2003SS and SS Silv, you guys hug and make up.

Thanks again!

if u want u can always run with me lol but ull b catching my dust .......... mile and half in 9:17 :) and i eat junk food like crazy but no weight gain kinda sucks but then i c fat ppl and it makes me happy.......

Edited by 10zin (see edit history)

another quick workout program I would suggest is go on bodybuilding.com and look up HST for dummies...This is the program I follow and love it..I have gotten great gains from it and it truely keeps your body guessing..The key when lifting is to not to do the same route week in and week out, you must increase weight, decrease weight (with high reps).. Muscle has memory if you do the same routine your body will adjust to it and you will quickly hit a plateau... I do HST for 7-8 weeks then 3-4 weeks of pyrmaids...then back to HST...i have personally loved it and have gained lots...just a suggestion..good luck with whatever you chose as a program...keep us posted

i just started working out myself after 2.5 years that i stopped and so far so good, i have been going every other day to the gym now for 4 months. im 5'8" 205lbs and my work out is ALL upper body and leg press in one day. i NEVER do sets with the same weight i always increase by 5lbs and i do 4 sets of 8 reps. here is what i do and it works for me.

bench press 4X8 (my max so far is 340lbs)

dumbell press/flys 4X8 (incline/flat)

dumbell upright flys 3X8

skull crushers 4X8

dumbell kickbacks 3X8

barbell curls 3X8

dumbell hammers 3X8

forearm curls 4X8

leg press 3X10

i don tdoo much on leg press bacuase of my knee. . .

like i said im no body builder but this work out really works for me and i have gain lots of strenght hope this helps :)

i just started working out myself after 2.5 years that i stopped and so far so good, i have been going every other day to the gym now for 4 months. im 5'8" 205lbs and my work out is ALL upper body and leg press in one day. i NEVER do sets with the same weight i always increase by 5lbs and i do 4 sets of 8 reps. here is what i do and it works for me.

bench press 4X8 (my max so far is 340lbs)

like i said im no body builder but this work out really works for me and i have gain lots of strenght hope this helps :)

Hey thanks for the routine. Um.....there is no way I am going to be able to lift that much. I will be lucky to lift 100lbs to start, but I will definitely look into the routine.

I am actually excited to start.

Hey thanks for the routine. Um.....there is no way I am going to be able to lift that much. I will be lucky to lift 100lbs to start, but I will definitely look into the routine.

I am actually excited to start.

How much you lift doesn't matter. It's all abouts reps, reps, and more reps!

Thanks guys. I don't really have a weight goal in mind. I don't really gain weight no matter what I eat. It pisses most people off. I eat pretty good and try to stay away from soda. I have been this weight for years now. My goal is to build muscle mass. I will check out some of those sites. It is just hard to get started until I have a routine going.

I just don't know about reps and stuff. How many and at what weight. I guess the weight will be what I can lift as much as possible.

Smart thinking - each pound of muscle takes 55 calories a day to keep alive - gaining 10-lbs of muscle (not hard to do when you start) will gain you a 550-calorie leg-up on your diet.

What I did to start, I used the AST Max-OT workout for the first 3-months and was very happy with the results, it is a good 'general conditioning' and intro to weightlifting type of workout. Also, the AST website has lots of great articles on physiology and how your hormones work especially in regard to diet - I am not pushing or saying you should buy the AST product line, but their articles are worth a read as a starting point.

I would not suggest Body For Life unless you are specifically trying to drop fat weight, because on BFL I lost quite a bit of muscle in addition to fat. However my cardio is exactly as outlined in that program (3-4 sets of wind sprints) and I have been very happy with that regimen.

Mr. P. :)