Need Locking storage

detjoe

No, No, Noooo !! :jester: This one is mine. The other picture is from someone elses truck that I found on some other forum long ago (look at the seat color, too light for the SS ). I think I like mine better than the other, since things keep quiet sitting on the carpet instead of rattling on a plastic bottom.

underseat3.JPG

dcairns,

OK, now I am confused. Is the C-Shaped plastic piece the GM rear underseat lockable storage box or is it aftermarket? AND is the totally enclosed box in the truck with the light greay interior the GM rear underseat lockable storage box or aftermarket?

marcelletti,

Did your enclosed box come from the dealer, GM Parts Direct or aftermarket?

Thanks.

Rick R

Rick,

Mine came as an option on the truck from the dealer. Looking at the previous posts with part numbers, dcairns is a different gm part number than cadowns post, so there are two types. Costs are different also. The one that came with my truck is called "under seat storage, dealer installed" for $295.00. gmparts.com shows cadowns part number for gm list @ $368.00 and $257.60 your cost, so that is probably the one like mine.

I really like it because I keep alot of stuff inside. Has a locking top lid on it which is nice. Nothing seems to roll around inside during travel. Never heard anything or felt any rattling around, you don't even know its there. I guess it is what and how you pack it inside . I keep my stock pcm, tools, towels and cleaning supplies inside with alot of maps and I can seperate them in different divided areas(comes with additional dividers). Also if anything would ever leak than it would stay inside of the plastic storage container and not ruin my carpet.

I think either dcairns or mine are both effective in their respective purpose, it is just a matter of price and choice. Most Chevy dealers should have my type in stock, my dealer did but the truck I eventually bought already had it installed as an option, so you have to shop around first before you buy.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks marcelletti,

I prefer the box that you have better for the same reasons. I wouldn't want anything to leak on, smear or snag my carpet. Now I just need to find the one like yours.

Thanks again for taking the time to let me know.

Rick R

• 2 weeks later...

Hi marcelletti,

Just received my rear seat GM locking box yesterday from GMPartsDirect and installed it today. I really like it. Thanks for telling me there were 2 different GM boxes. I wouldn't have been happy with C-shaped barrier for $150!

It holds alot of stuff (long heavy gage jumper cables, lots of bungie cords, maps, flares, spotlight, etc). I may not even need a bin in the bed (under tonneau) like I previously thought.

The only downside, is this thing weighs 30lbs, so add that to the 100lb Gaylord X2000 cover that I installed last month.

Rick R

Archived