No More Sss For Me

That sucks about the trans issues. Something about their trans building mehods kind of scared me away, but you also said you didnt let them "Do their thing" either. After the last round myself, I am sick to my stomach about how much this truck costs me even though it is so fun. The Mazdaspeed3 wont probably ever be a 12 second ride for you (as I am sure there are probably some nuts who ahve modded them that far though), but you should be able to have fun with it. I myself am thinking that once I get another job (have some interviews in the coming two weeks), I will be selling and moving into a G8/GTO or comparable and buying a used regular cab or older tahoe 4x4 for towing/winter duties.

That sucks about the trans issues. Something about their trans building mehods kind of scared me away, but you also said you didnt let them "Do their thing" either. After the last round myself, I am sick to my stomach about how much this truck costs me even though it is so fun. The Mazdaspeed3 wont probably ever be a 12 second ride for you (as I am sure there are probably some nuts who ahve modded them that far though), but you should be able to have fun with it. I myself am thinking that once I get another job (have some interviews in the coming two weeks), I will be selling and moving into a G8/GTO or comparable and buying a used regular cab or older tahoe 4x4 for towing/winter duties.

Actually, it can get in the 12's rather easily with a few bolt-ons and a set of slicks. Bone stock (still with the paper filter, jack, spare, etc) an '08 MS3 ran a 13.7 with a set of slicks. Best I have found on stock tires is 13.9-14.1, but it's SOOOOOOOOOOO easy to pull out 20-40 HP with almost EVERY mod you do to these cars. I can be over 300 WHP for under 2 grand and run 12's on street tires, and still pull close to 30 MPG. That's the part that really sold me.

Come on in! The Mazda water is great! :driving:

World leaders need to step up and create a world economy that's worth while. All of this inter country "my country's labor is worth more than yours" is BS. At least Mazda steps up to the plate and builds several of it's cars here in the US to support US workers and their families. :cheers: That being said, I just chose to support the American workers that work at the shipping dock instead of the automotive assembly workers.

...and... if there were an American car that drove worth a damn and could fit me and my wife comfortably, we would have bought it. We drove the HHR SS and the Cobalt SS... we barely, and I do mean BARELY fit into those cars, let alone they drive like total crap, and have super cheap interiors. We even have $2,000+ to spend in GM credit card earnings and still had to pass them up. The Dodge Caliber SRT was in the running, but it's got a LOT taller profile and feels like it's going to tip over in a corner compared to the Speed. The only other American car I would have considered would have been the G8, but I didn't want to spend all of my money on the car and not have any mod money for rims/power/etc.

You must not have driven the 08 cobalt SS,seeing as how it will spank the mazda,straight line or curves,is the fastest FWD to go around nurburgring EVER,and has a totally redesigned interior and suspension :confused: I'm sorry but rice is rice,no matter where it's made,the money goes to japan in the end. :chevy:

Actually, it can get in the 12's rather easily with a few bolt-ons and a set of slicks.

Yea, dip into the 12's,... but it is a car,...AND not a bowtie! :jester: Just messing with ya. Best of luck with your new choice and I hope you still visit here from time to time. Thank you for adding value to the site over the years! :cheers:

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

Sorry to hear the SS is gone, It's always :tear: to see one go.

I had a Mazda3 as a rental a couple years ago and that thing was fun as hell to drive, it had that sport shifter option. My dad has a Mazda 626 (the last year of the 626) and it's going strong with never having any problems at all and its turning 80k. My grandma has a 1990 Protege that she bought brand new and the damn thing still drives like the day she bought it 18yrs ago.

Good luck with the new car. I cant make fun because I'm a Toyota owner and love it. :D

Yea, dip into the 12's,... but it is a car,...AND not a bowtie! :jester: Just messing with ya. Best of luck with your new choice and I hope you still visit here from time to time. Thank you for adding value to the site over the years! :cheers:

Thanks Kevin! :cheers: I'll have another Chevy someday. I've got to many of GM's engines in the garage and hav had to many in the past to stay away for to long. I think I'm going to be rather basic with the MS3 and instead build a 6.0L carbed rat rod for weekend fun. Something I can build in the garage and not have to worry about finishing and cleaning up before Monday will sure be a change.

You must not have driven the 08 cobalt SS,seeing as how it will spank the mazda,straight line or curves,is the fastest FWD to go around nurburgring EVER,and has a totally redesigned interior and suspension :confused: I'm sorry but rice is rice,no matter where it's made,the money goes to japan in the end. :chevy:

That's a big negatory on the spanking of either car beating one another stock for stock. High 13's to low 14's from many magazines and driver reports out there. It's a diver's race and the 3 has more low RPM TQ in around town driving from my experience. As far as bolt-ons are concerned, the 3's have more to be uncorked with the basics and can put more HP/TQ down per my $$$ spent. Plus, the Cobalt's interior is pure crap compared to the MS3, pre-redesign or post. I've been researching them for months, and the interior thing is subjective, I know... just not for me I guess.

Im getting tired of GM too, they just keep getting worse in a lot of aspects. If I could get rid of my truck I would get a lexus sc300 and a cheap ass old jeep or something for my DD. I love my truck though and since I doubt anyone will buy it I will be glad to drive it for as long as I can. Glad to hear you like your new car. I don't remember what those look like do you have any pics yet??? If you've never owned a turbo car before you're gonna love it

Thanks Kevin! :cheers: I'll have another Chevy someday. I've got to many of GM's engines in the garage and hav had to many in the past to stay away for to long. I think I'm going to be rather basic with the MS3 and instead build a 6.0L carbed rat rod for weekend fun. Something I can build in the garage and not have to worry about finishing and cleaning up before Monday will sure be a change.

That's a big negatory on the spanking of either car beating one another stock for stock. High 13's to low 14's from many magazines and driver reports out there. It's a diver's race and the 3 has more low RPM TQ in around town driving from my experience. As far as bolt-ons are concerned, the 3's have more to be uncorked with the basics and can put more HP/TQ down per my $$$ spent. Plus, the Cobalt's interior is pure crap compared to the MS3, pre-redesign or post. I've been researching them for months, and the interior thing is subjective, I know... just not for me I guess.

Negatory on spanking?!?,what part of fastest FWD ever,and track record don't you get? all the while actually looking cool and not like a mini jap station wagon/grocery getter for high schooler's,I bought the Cobalt because my wife loved it's looks and interior and even she knows better than to like rice.

It's probably better that you got a mazda,after all HPTuners wont have support for that so at least you know you can't Blow It Up!!

mazda? rice? what? from a :chevy: wow. um....thats like going from a vette to an evo lol. sorry to hear you had to get rid of her. sucks seeing everyone gettin rid of them. well good luck. i saw something about gettin some horsepower by feeding sand into the vacuum line on those :jester:

Negatory on spanking?!?,what part of fastest FWD ever,and track record don't you get? all the while actually looking cool and not like a mini jap station wagon/grocery getter for high schooler's,I bought the Cobalt because my wife loved it's looks and interior and even she knows better than to like rice.

It's probably better that you got a mazda,after all HPTuners wont have support for that so at least you know you can't Blow It Up!!

What's wrong? Don't wanna respond to "Blowing It Up"? Must of hit home?Have a little experience blowing people's engine's up do we?

Maybe we should ask around? I figured at least you would know better than to bash a chevy on a chevy site!have fun in riceland :chevy: