Weird Noise Fr. Dash?

ruderegime

Mine does that too- totally randomly though. It does it when the truck is off. It sounds kinda like an impulse sprinkler head. A series of really slow ticks followed by a series of long ticks. Then it repeats the cycle over. Mine is coming from behind the gauge cluster.

I get it sometimes too. I thought it was something with the A/C. I found that I can make it stop by adjusting the temp a little warmer. Haven't really looked into it 'cos its not always ticking. I hate troubleshooting an intermittent problem!

:flag:

door mode actuator is a little motor that switches vent door positions: hot-cold, dash-floor

they sometimes get obstructed

Mine did the same thing about 2 years ago to the day. The entire dash had to come out, the mechanic said something like there are 2 bolts that you can't get to unless you take everything out....

Mine did the same thing about 2 years ago to the day. The entire dash had to come out, the mechanic said something like there are 2 bolts that you can't get to unless you take everything out....

id prob belive him, bc taking dashes out SUCKS. i would never want to do it if i didnt have to. i used to work for a bmw/audi/land rover/porsche dealership in the bodyshop and i was so glad it wasnt me who had to take the dashboards or air bags out.

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing happens on my 03 SSS and it seems to be on the passenger side control in my case; I just slide the temp slighty warmer and it goes away. ( I leave it set at that positon most of the time and I can't feel a difference between either side with the A/C running.)

sounds like it is your guys temp blend door actuators. There is also a service bulletin out for this problem, the doors are overextending themselves, have to reflash the PCM.

I just put a recirculate actuator in a 05, its definitely a job, have to remove seats, center console, the whole dash, just to get to it. For anyone that does it just make notes of where stuff goes and pay close attention to what your doing, will be fine. doesnt take any special tools or anything like that.