Another set of SS wheels and tires...

cokedrvrbjw

Snoopy,

They ride is incredibly smooth. With the Toyo 305/40R22 size tires the handling is awesome. I only put a few miles on my stock tires and rims before giving them to my son for his 2004 Silverado 5.3. Sold his stock 16" wheels and tires.

Even my friend from the dealership (he is the gm) could not believe how smooth the ride was and how tight the handling is now versus the stock setup. He is going to recommend this setup to all his SS customers, and he is averaging 1 to 2 SS trucks sold per week.

Next step might be better shocks and sway bars so it can compete with my 911 Turbo on road courses. I like the feeling of speed and power in road course handling not just straight line power. These wheels and tires definitely give the truck more of those capabilities that I am looking for! My opinion is that 22's are the way to go, especially when you see how much rubber is contacting the road with the 305's.

I live in So Cal and there are alot of roads with lots of twists and turns, up and down hills and mountains. I am always pushing those ahead of me, even the sports cars. With the combination of the SS power and some good grippy tires they usually move over at the first turn about and let me blow by or I get some dirty looks when I finally get to pass them. Oh well!

marcelletti,

I have 305’s as well and I can’t help but humm this tune sometimes…these tires seem to have a mind of there own… :D

"When I'm the type of guy who will never settle down

Where pretty girls are will you know that I'm around

I kiss'em and I love'em 'cause to me they're all the same

I hug'em and I squeeze'em they don't even know my name

They call me the wanderer - yeah -the wanderer

I roam around around around around..."

The Wanderer

Archived