Question On Big Brakes

A friend of mine is selling me some U2 wheels dont know what model, but before i buy them has anyone had an issue with these type of wheels also if buy them i would like to put big brakes to make it stand out more but dont know what brand and about how much would i be looking at, just on the front ones because i have drums in the rear, or will it be an issue if i just did the front wheels, also what is the cost to make the drums like the front ones with calipers and rotors etc. Any Ideas.

I owned some U2's, in fact if you look at the CFT contest, Pimp SS has my old wheels... they are 24"s... and I purchased the baers 6ps for the front and even though they are 24"s i had to run a large spacer in the front, and only had 7 threads to hold the wheels on...

Make sure the lip of the wheels arent huge... or else you will have to run a spacer!

u2's are heavy... if youre gonna go the extra mile with expensive brakes, get some good forged wheels and do it right the first time.

Bear offers a drum to caliper conversion, runs about 1200 or so. yeah most likely you will need to run spacers (like usabodyguard stated) since most u2 wheels have big lips, If you want to do just the front and on a budget you should look into the corvett Z06 caliper conversion.

A friend of mine is selling me some U2 wheels dont know what model, but before i buy them has anyone had an issue with these type of wheels also if buy them i would like to put big brakes to make it stand out more but dont know what brand and about how much would i be looking at, just on the front ones because i have drums in the rear, or will it be an issue if i just did the front wheels, also what is the cost to make the drums like the front ones with calipers and rotors etc. Any Ideas.

don't u have u2's on your truck already>>> your sig?

Bear offers a drum to caliper conversion, runs about 1200 or so. yeah most likely you will need to run spacers (like usabodyguard stated) since most u2 wheels have big lips, If you want to do just the front and on a budget you should look into the corvett Z06 caliper conversion.

Were can i get the kit to to do a corvette caliper conversion and about how much would i be looking at cause im on a budget and want to do a sunroof.

Those are the ones i had, If you plan to add big brakes then DO NOT BUY THEM. Whit my stock brakes they where only around 3/8" between the brake caliper and the spokes on the wheels. They where so close to hitting.

Edited by NTMD8R_SS (see edit history)

Im not sure why my rims where pitting, probly excesive brake dust/sand. Most of the time it would sit and collect sand in the groves where the spokes met the hoop. I had talked to other people whit the same rims and they had no problems what so ever.

Im not sure why my rims where pitting, probly excesive brake dust/sand. Most of the time it would sit and collect sand in the groves where the spokes met the hoop. I had talked to other people whit the same rims and they had no problems what so ever.

Then I think ima get them because i like the design. I hope nothing goes wrong with the rims.