Site Suggestion -

misterp

Question

9 answers to this question

IMO out of all of your brilliant ideas, and you have had many... this is not one of them

I think it is in bad taste and just outright morbid... it is like we are wanting people to croak! There isn't another site out there with this forum, last thing we need to be known as is the site with the dead person forum...

it is bad enough people that we are close to pass on, but to have a designated forum for this is creepy... not only that, i don't think our vendors - WHO PAY FOR THIS SITE, would want that.

- insert Rant here-

It surprises me that most of you on here, not you Steve, but the masses, think this site is not a business and it is just some little site... it is a business, vendors pay good money to advertise here... while we are not as big as LS1tech or PT.net, they are owned by the same company, and those sites were just purchased for 2.1 MILLION dollars... read it right, 2.1 million dollars... so that is why as mods and admins we try to keep the vendors and members happy... it is a fine line that most do not realize.

-end rant-

anyways, IMHO a dead person thread, while the intentions are admirable, it just seems inappropriate for the site.

IMO out of all of your brilliant ideas, and you have had many... this is not one of them

I think it is in bad taste and just outright morbid... it is like we are wanting people to croak! There isn't another site out there with this forum, last thing we need to be known as is the site with the dead person forum...

it is bad enough people that we are close to pass on, but to have a designated forum for this is creepy... not only that, i don't think our vendors - WHO PAY FOR THIS SITE, would want that.

- insert Rant here-

It surprises me that most of you on here, not you Steve, but the masses, think this site is not a business and it is just some little site... it is a business, vendors pay good money to advertise here... while we are not as big as LS1tech or PT.net, they are owned by the same company, and those sites were just purchased for 2.1 MILLION dollars... read it right, 2.1 million dollars... so that is why as mods and admins we try to keep the vendors and members happy... it is a fine line that most do not realize.

-end rant-

anyways, IMHO a dead person thread, while the intentions are admirable, it just seems inappropriate for the site.

Dude you are so SoCal, it hurts. Reading sentiments like this just reinforces in my mind how and why the California of today is nothing like the California I grew-up in. Dolla-Dolla-bling-yo.

Your statements clearly voice that you see silveradoss.com and it's members as strictly a personal means to an end, and little more.

I guarantee you that I will *never* operate any business I am involved with to the degree that I forget what business is all about - people.

There's a saying down to the home here - Pigs get fat, Hogs get slaughtered.

To each their own; sorry we disagree.

L8r.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

- insert Rant here-

-end rant-

Dave go take a :chillpill: and drink a :cheers: