Need Ss Conversion!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello,and welcome to the site.if you wish to make your truck look like the "SS" trucks,start planning ahead,it can be done and depending on how fast you want it done will determine how expesive it can get,My suggestion based solely on your posts,i would look around for the pieces one by one until all is collected and then start the installation process then.

for your truck you will need several extra pieces to complete here is a short list of the big pieces.

1.front bumper complete preferably

2.R&L fender cladding.

3.R&L front door cladding

4.Extra set Front door cladding (cut down for rear doors)

5.R&L rear door cladding(need front and rear edges)for proper fitment.

6.R&L cab moldings

7.R&L rocker moldings

8.Extra set rocker moldings for extra lenght.

9.all bed cladding should fit with no modification needed.

10.Rear bumper complete preferably.

And most importantly,ALL mounting hardware that is rivited to cab,bed sides,and doors WILL be required if you dont get them they are NOT avail seperatly from gm.

Its nice to be different.

good luck

Ray

Edited by supersub (see edit history)

Like everyone else said it is expensive and the cladding is hard to find. I saved a lot of money because I did all the work myself. It took me about 4 months to find all the pieces I needed to do the conversion and I was one of the lucky ones. Good luck in your project and welcome to the site.

hello,and welcome to the site.if you wish to make your truck look like the "SS" trucks,start planning ahead,it can be done and depending on how fast you want it done will determine how expesive it can get,My suggestion based solely on your posts,i would look around for the pieces one by one until all is collected and then start the installation process then.

for your truck you will need several extra pieces to complete here is a short list of the big pieces.

1.front bumper complete preferably

2.R&L fender cladding.

3.R&L front door cladding

4.Extra set Front door cladding (cut down for rear doors)

5.R&L rear door cladding(need front and rear edges)for proper fitment.

6.R&L cab moldings

7.R&L rocker moldings

8.Extra set rocker moldings for extra lenght.

9.all bed cladding should fit with no modification needed.

10.Rear bumper complete preferably.

And most importantly,ALL mounting hardware that is rivited to cab,bed sides,and doors WILL be required if you dont get them they are NOT avail seperatly from gm.

Its nice to be different.

good luck

Ray

:withstupid: im with Ray except for number nine... the crew cab has 5'-8" bed so he will have to modify the bed cladding before the wheel. other than that your Great advice Ray! :thumbs: