Going To Have A New Addition To My Family!

ccc_23

Just put a down payment on my new little buddy. Wont be able to get him until the 18th but that gives me time to get everything ready..... heres a few pics of my gf holding him. Im pretty excited..... his name is Oakley

103_0033.jpg

103_0034.jpg

Dogs Rule ... :thumbs: :thumbs: Cute little lab. Make sure you take a ton of photos of him, because they grow up sooooo darn quick ...

Two things:

1 - Do yourself a favor ... Crate train him ... you'll thank me later.

2 - Get the Dog Insurance ... like $350 a year, and it will pay for itself if your Oakley has the unfortunate fate of contracting Hip Dispatia, Epilepsy or Bone Cancer. These three are highly common in Labs, due to overbreeding.

Congratulations

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Great looking Pup. Frankly I think Black Labs are the best colored version of perhaps the most versatile dog ever. I have two of them. They're good for one laugh a day each. The hip problems are mostly avoidable. Restrict running for the first year and a half and never on concrete or pavement. Also try to keep the dog off glossy floors durring the same period of time. If they can't get/maintain traction that'll cause problems too. Area rugs will usually solve this problem. It goes without saying, you're getting a high energy Pup, I can't say enough for taking them swiming. It wears them out, they love it and, it's low impact which is great for avoiding hip problems.