Mid Wesst Meet In Des Moines!

Hey I will play !!!

Just PM me in case I dont get back.

Just added new stuff to that thingy under the hood today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yqLj3gaM-s

Rich

Damn Richie, that sounds sweet !!! glad your coming to get together.. I will keep you posted buddy

R 2 the ich

• 3 weeks later...

Wish some of you boys would have went. Not many street cars there on Friday. It gave me a chance to at least get a baseline on my tune. Ran low 8.2s all night with 2100-2200 DA. Need to work on my tune a little more but getting close.

First run I asked the guy "Do I need to wear a helmut". He says.. "haha. No"

Second run, the guy says.. Uh, looks like you need a helmut.

But most the night I got my butt kicked running 5-6 second race cars. Funny feeling launching and seeing a car two lengths ahead of you with the front wheels 16" off the ground and getting out MPH at the end by 60 mph !

Edited by rrmccabe (see edit history)

Wish some of you boys would have went. Not many street cars there on Friday. It gave me a chance to at least get a baseline on my tune. Ran low 8.2s all night with 2100-2200 DA. Need to work on my tune a little more but getting close.

First run I asked the guy "Do I need to wear a helmut". He says.. "haha. No"

Second run, the guy says.. Uh, looks like you need a helmut.

But most the night I got my butt kicked running 5-6 second race cars. Funny feeling launching and seeing a car two lengths ahead of you with the front wheels 16" off the ground and getting out MPH ad the end but 60 !

thats some funny shit !! Rich.. i wish i could have .. really did not do much, hung out with my boy before heading out for the school year.. so i need to know when the last night is before they shut it down there for the year and i will go down to newton with ya..

thats some funny shit !! Rich.. i wish i could have .. really did not do much, hung out with my boy before heading out for the school year.. so i need to know when the last night is before they shut it down there for the year and i will go down to newton with ya..

Yea Newton would be a better drive. I think I will go to Cedar Falls in a couple weeks. Need a 1/4 mile time.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm tring to get Zippy to go to a track in Iowa (considering Eddyville) on Friday, Sept. 26th since he will already be in Wisconsin that weekend at the Great Lakes Dragway on Sunday the 28th.

Let me know if any of you guys are willing to meet there and if we get a few guys together I know Zippy would be willing to make the LOOONG drive........(7 hours) :banghead:

I'm tring to get Zippy to go to a track in Iowa (considering Eddyville) on Friday, Sept. 26th since he will already be in Wisconsin that weekend at the Great Lakes Dragway on Sunday the 28th.

Let me know if any of you guys are willing to meet there and if we get a few guys together I know Zippy would be willing to make the LOOONG drive........(7 hours) :banghead:

Lin !!! Iam sure , almost positive we could make this happen and we would have some guys come out for sure. as soon as Chris see this post he will be all over like donkey kong.. iowa speedway would be another option also.. we will have to check dates.. http://www.iowaspeedway.com/pdfs/drag.pdf.... look forward to seeing you guys again..

I KNOW i could line some things up for it to be worth the drive. shoot, I'm down for it. I know the Illinois trip got to be a little out of hand with the tuning, so let me know what you would like to see and i will make it happen. I got my fingers crossed to see Zippy in cornland!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone signed up for the 20/30 roady rally in central IA? I'm either going to the rally or will be in Chicago this weekend. Just seeing if anyone else had signed up. It's $75 by the way...

http://2030roadrally.com

From the website:

About Road Rally

Wednesday, May 14 2008 - Event

Combine the fun of RAGBRAI, the strategy of a chess match, some of the nicest cars on the road, and the best day's worth of adventure you can find in the great state of Iowa, and you have the 20/30 Road Rally, presented by Flying Hippo. The 20/30 Road Rally is a competitive event where teams compete against each other by attempting to MATCH the clock (not beat it) in the audited time from checkpoint to checkpoint. The route is secret, and revealed to each team throughout the day. It's a great (and legal) way to raise money for the things that make central Iowa such a great place to work and live, see some things in Iowa that you never knew were there, and an absolutely fantastic way to get a few last summer kicks with your friends. All of the proceeds go to organizations that are serving our community in a variety of different ways; from helping women and children, to providing mentors for young students who will grow into new leaders, everything that this event raises will go back to central Iowa.

cant get the website to work.. i know this weekend the 20th/21st fast4popper,ytaff, and me(ssposse) and possbile another buddy with TBSS will be attending the bob brown all chevy show on sat, and sunday hitting the hooters show in wdm.. should come down and hang out.. see a truckn mag. feature truck in person lolol.. hope to see ya