Is There A Way To Squeek A Couple More Mpg?

JimJenson

Air is already 78% Nitrogen, so when you're buying "Nitrogen" you're just getting air without the oxygen/co2 and other trace gases.

I tend to agree with you.

30psi of air has the same rolling resistance as 30psi nitrogen.

apparently filling your tires with nitrogen instead of oxygen is supposed to give you up to a 10% increase, there are kits for it

if you ever see someone getting ready to inflate their tires with oxygen walk away. What you will have there is a bomb. O2 and oils, greases, etc dont mix. O2 is very explosive and or flamible when oil gets on it. Yes I have read that N2 saves you on gas. I guyss tires stay inflated longer and somehow is lighter than normal compressed air. :chevy:

WOW your getting 15.2. Awesome.

I'm at 11.9 (strictly city) Can't wait to see if the "Tune" improves it.

I'd be happy with 15.2 I don't think that's bad at all. But I'm content with my 11.9 LOL

I don't even look at the gas prices, Got to have it. I just fill up as needed.

• 2 weeks later...

I get around 15ish with a K&n filter and true flow tube dual exhaust and going down the highway doing 70 80 thats not bad at all. I sweak a 16 mpg one day can"t wait to see what the mpg is with E-fans procharger and headers...