Reduced Engine Power Message On A 2-3 Shift

kisthisSS

Well thought I was finally finished with my truck, took it to the track to make a few passes and it kept dropping into "reduced power" on the 2-3 shift. Totally embarassed! And one time it did it on the 1-2 shift. It never did this before we messed with the trans tune. I don't know if it's because I have the WOT shift ponts set too high and the PCM doesn't like it or what. WOT shift points are set to 6000 I don't know if that is too high or if the 2bar setup (no MAF) has anything to do with it? Is there something else that needs to be changed in the tune so the PCM doesn't freak out? It just seems like it's one thing after the next :mad:

Thanx in advance for any help

Bryan

Started out with shift points set to 6000 and rev limiter at 6200. I was kinda thinking that by the time the PCM comanded the shift and the shift event happened it was already on the rev limiter and causing the problem, but we turned the rev limiter up to 6500 and it still does it. It also surges for a second before the 2-3 shift then bam "reduced engine power"! If I back out of the throttle to let it shift early and then get back into it it's fine. I still have 15% TM programmed in don't know if that has anything to do with it? Using EFI Live software if that helps any.

Edited by SSpilot04 (see edit history)

listen i know this may sound silly but i had the same issue with my truck. Its horrible completely disables driving. When i did my 6.0 swap i did not get the ground strap to the engine tight it eventually vibrated loose. I did alot of research on the "reduced power mode" and my results were 9 times out of ten it was ground wire issues. That info lead me to check all my ground wires and sure enough the groung strap was loose on the back of the block. Im almost willing to bet you that a ground wire is your issue here.

listen i know this may sound silly but i had the same issue with my truck. Its horrible completely disables driving. When i did my 6.0 swap i did not get the ground strap to the engine tight it eventually vibrated loose. I did alot of research on the "reduced power mode" and my results were 9 times out of ten it was ground wire issues. That info lead me to check all my ground wires and sure enough the groung strap was loose on the back of the block. Im almost willing to bet you that a ground wire is your issue here.

Well checked the grounds all of them are tight, wish it was something that easy, but unfortunately I have the worst luck. Thanx for the help anyway man, it was worth a shot :sigh:

Under boost I believe it's in the neighborhood of 12.0 it fluctuates a little but stays pretty close to that.

I am no expert with tuning by any means, but that AFR seems a bit rich too me.....there could be the possibility that since the AFR is somewhat rich that you are dumping excess fuel into the cats at high RPM causing the truck to go into REP mode. :dunno:

I am no expert with tuning by any means, but that AFR seems a bit rich too me.....there could be the possibility that since the AFR is somewhat rich that you are dumping excess fuel into the cats at high RPM causing the truck to go into REP mode. :dunno:

[/quote

I'm no tuning expert either, but it did set a code P0068. The code description basicly says the predicted air flow vs. actual airflow is off. The PCM uses the MAF value and speed density calculation to verify the throttle opperation, but I don't have a MAF anymore just SD. Looks like there are some airflow numbers within the tune that need to be worked out. So back to my tuner I go. But thanks for all the help though, really appriciate it :cheers:

Its Calculated Airflow vs. TPS vs. RPM-P1514 Error settings are to low for the air you are flowing causing REP. Multiply the whole table by 2 to start. You can find it under Engine Diag/ General/ TPS Sensor/ Calc Airflow- P1514/P0068 Error.

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

there are a few things you have to do with FI or it will throw those codes

tuning FI is moe in depth than tuning N/A depending on the application

Yeah it's over my head. I'm a pretty good wrench but havent really messed around with tuning. I have an appointment to take it back to my tuner. He said these things can sometimes happen especially when doing a completed custom opperating system like on mine. He said if I had any problems he would take care of them which is cool. I hope he figures it out.

Its Calculated Airflow vs. TPS vs. RPM-P1514 Error settings are to low for the air you are flowing causing REP. Multiply the whole table by 2 to start. You can find it under Engine Diag/ General/ TPS Sensor/ Calc Airflow- P1514/P0068 Error.

Excuse my lack of knowledge but is "P1514/P0068 Error" the name of the table that needs to be changed? What should I tell my tuner to look at if he doesn't already know what's going on? Using EFI Live software. Again I'm no tuner but if I could lead him straight to the problem that would be great. Thanx :thumbs:

Not sure with EFIlive.

P1514.jpg

Excuse my lack of knowledge but is "P1514/P0068 Error" the name of the table that needs to be changed? What should I tell my tuner to look at if he doesn't already know what's going on? Using EFI Live software. Again I'm no tuner but if I could lead him straight to the problem that would be great. Thanx :thumbs:

actually thats a bit lean most like to stay in 11.6 when running forced induction

also sounds like you may be maxing out the maf. even though you are sd it may still have some of the codes on . i think dozer has you on the right track