Reduced Engine Power Message On A 2-3 Shift

kisthisSS

AFR has little to do with the REP mode, the problems is the MAF coorilation table. the predicted vs. actual air flow is off due to the superchager and it needs to be increased as stated before. as soon as I remember the table that you need to increase I will post it up.

AFR has little to do with the REP mode, the problems is the MAF coorilation table. the predicted vs. actual air flow is off due to the superchager and it needs to be increased as stated before. as soon as I remember the table that you need to increase I will post it up.

On EFILive it is table C6101 and increase it by 50%

actually thats a bit lean most like to stay in 11.6 when running forced induction

also sounds like you may be maxing out the maf. even though you are sd it may still have some of the codes on . i think dozer has you on the right track

Yea it does set MAF codes but my tuner said it would cause the MAF is no longer there. However it does not turn on the service engine light. I don't know if the PCM still thinks there is a MAF or not. I would think that if it was eliminated from the PCM it wouldn't set MAF codes, but I don't know if you can completely eliminate that from the PCM?

Yea it does set MAF codes but my tuner said it would cause the MAF is no longer there. However it does not turn on the service engine light. I don't know if the PCM still thinks there is a MAF or not. I would think that if it was eliminated from the PCM it wouldn't set MAF codes, but I don't know if you can completely eliminate that from the PCM?

i know what is usually done is the maf freq fail rate is set to a low value so that it will fail immediately and force sd mode.

i know what is usually done is the maf freq fail rate is set to a low value so that it will fail immediately and force sd mode.

Well my MAF is not even on the truck anymore the wires are cut, taped, and tucked back into the harness. I'm just using the IAT wires hooked to a sensor in the manifold. So I dont' know how everything is setup in the PCM. Sorry if I sound dumb, but is setting MAF codes normal for SD conversions or can you eleminate the MAF and all it's tables completely?

On EFILive it is table C6101 and increase it by 50%

Hey chpspecial thanks for the info man, much appriciated :cheers: Should the table be increased by 50% and left alone or do you have to play around with the numbers and fine tune it?

This table will not affect your tune it is a failsafe. The way it works is REP is triggered if X amount of calculated air exceeds the parameters for X amount of throttle position at X amount of RPM. Raise the parameters higher so you are under the calculated airflow settings and not trigger REP mode. I believe Dynamic Cylinder Air is used for the calculation not the MAF.

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

This table will not affect your tune it is a failsafe. The way it works is REP is triggered if X amount of calculated air exceeds the parameters for X amount of throttle position at X amount of RPM. Raise the parameters higher so you are under the calculated airflow settings and not trigger REP mode. I believe Dynamic Cylinder Air is used for the calculation not the MAF.

Thanx dozer, I have a much better idea of whats going on now. I have an appointment to take it back in a week to get this fixed hopefully all goes well. Thanx to everyone who helped me out on this one :cheers:

Hey chpspecial thanks for the info man, much appriciated :cheers: Should the table be increased by 50% and left alone or do you have to play around with the numbers and fine tune it?

There is no fine tunning to this table unless you keep on going into REP in which case just increase the values. I know I had to raise the values several times but, I didn't increase the values by 50% from the getgo.

There is no fine tunning to this table unless you keep on going into REP in which case just increase the values. I know I had to raise the values several times but, I didn't increase the values by 50% from the getgo.

Awsome man thanks again :cheers: