Wheatley Tuning?

tburkdoll

I've heard guys talk about wheatley tuning over hypertech programers. What exactly does the wheatley tune do and will it effect the reliability of my truck. My truck has Corsa sport exhaust and AEM bruteforce cold air intake

There is no comparison between the two, trust me......I had a Hypertech handheld before my Wheatley tune. I felt a big difference between the two right from the get go, and Charlie Wheatley's tune was proven to be much better on the dyno as well.......with the Hypercrap I pulled 294hp and 342tq to the wheels. When I went Wheatley I ran 314hp and 360tq to the wheels, a gain of 20hp and 18ftlbs to the wheels over the POS handheld.

Charlie's tune will not effect the reliability of your truck, in fact it will run better, get better fuel ecomony, and have alot more power. Charlie Wheatley is the man! :thumbs:

832-891-1798

[email protected]

www.gowheatley.com

i had charlie do a 93 octane street tune which is the most aggresive tune he can do. fuel economy is really about the same for me because i love the extra power and cant seem to stop speeding everywhere

i had charlie do a 93 octane street tune which is the most aggresive tune he can do. fuel economy is really about the same for me because i love the extra power and cant seem to stop speeding everywhere

:withstupid: mine was mail order, but a 93 octane aggresive tune here too

When you mail order it do they send you a whole new pcm or do you have to send your old one in....i'm still not exactly sure what it is they do..ha i just found out bout this stuff

They send you a PCM, and you have the option to keep your old or send it back. There is an initial core charge which gets refunded if you return your old PCM, you may want to keep the original PCM if you are under warranty. :chevy:

I just recently installed my Wheatley tune and at this point, I am impressed. The truck runs great and I think I am getting more mpgs.

My only question is if I have anything to worry about when I take my truck in for service, repairs, etc. What is the chance that my PCM will be "flashed." Anybody have any experience with this?? Thanks in advance.

I just recently installed my Wheatley tune and at this point, I am impressed. The truck runs great and I think I am getting more mpgs.

My only question is if I have anything to worry about when I take my truck in for service, repairs, etc. What is the chance that my PCM will be "flashed." Anybody have any experience with this?? Thanks in advance.

this is why i bought a seperate pcm tuned. i have the stock tune for whenever i go back to the stealership.

this is why i bought a seperate pcm tuned. i have the stock tune for whenever i go back to the stealership.

:withstupid: on the other hand, I think Charlie is one of the only tuners that locks his tunes, making it near impossible to flash unless you find someone that is an absolute wiz/genious with a Tech2

I bought a separate pcm also, but it's going to be a pain in the butt to swap it out if I have to. Do you have to go through the relearn process again?

I bought a separate pcm also, but it's going to be a pain in the butt to swap it out if I have to. Do you have to go through the relearn process again?

You only have to do the re-learn 1 time on each PCM, then you can switch at will whitout doing the re-learn process.

Edited by NTMD8R_SS (see edit history)