Wheatley Or Blackbear Tuning?

tburkdoll

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with black bear and I'm very satisfied with my tune, made my truck run really good. Got rid of all that TM and delay. Now my V-Max has a sick launch and it doesn't lose power after it shifts. I would say go with black bear and get ready for your truck to run how it is supposed to from the factory. I was also considering going with Wheatley, but I got a good deal with Black Bear. Is it true Wheatley charges for retunes?

Edited by huero626 (see edit history)

i dunno for sure...one guy posted that any customer after january 2008 would have a 40 dollar retune with wheatly...i'm wantin a simple way to get a little extra power and a little better milage and i think a tune is my answer

Yeah, with Black Bear you get retunes for free as long as you own the truck. Yeah, a custom tune will give you way more power than any hand held out there, plus a custom tune is cheaper than a hand held and you get more power and you can customize your tune more than any hand held out there.

Edited by huero626 (see edit history)

Yeah, I want to add an AEM intake. How does your AEM responds on your truck? I'm still not sure if I should go with Borla or Magnaflow. Right now, I got the stock intake with a K & N Air Filter. I'm just stock except for the tune. Soon, I'm installing exhaust,cold air intake,160 stat, and headers. But my truck really woke up with the tune. Tune and you will see the difference.

Either one of the two is fine, they both are two of the best tuners in the business. I went with Charlie Wheatley, awesome tune, awesome customer service, and an all around great guy! Charlie is the man! :thumbs:

The AEM is great! We put corsa exhaust and aem on our 06 tahoe too. When the tahoe was stock we drug it with our avalanche and it was a tie the whole way but when we added the combination of AEM and corsa it smoked the avalanche.

I went with black bear and I'm very satisfied with my tune, made my truck run really good. Got rid of all that TM and delay. Now my V-Max has a sick launch and it doesn't lose power after it shifts. I would say go with black bear and get ready for your truck to run how it is supposed to from the factory. I was also considering going with Wheatley, but I got a good deal with Black Bear. Is it true Wheatley charges for retunes?

do you know where blackbear is located at? thanks :D

Whoever you go with you should act quickly if you want it before summer is over. These guys are swamped with requests. I myself am on Justins (blackbears) waiting list atm.

I liked the idea of the live tune for our SSS. Just make sure you have access to a laptop if going with Justin, He'll work around the LOGS of how your Truck/whatever is running.

I'm just gettting a basic tune for CAI, Exhaust and what ever else can be unleashed ;)

From what everyone says even with a stock setup, your truck turns into a humming bird on crack after it's tuned. LOL

I can't wait! (But have no choice) heh heh.. It's all good.

The AEM is great! We put corsa exhaust and aem on our 06 tahoe too. When the tahoe was stock we drug it with our avalanche and it was a tie the whole way but when we added the combination of AEM and corsa it smoked the avalanche.

Cool, I'll pick the AEM soon for my V-Max and maybe the Magnaflow Exhaust.