There Goes My Good Driving Record.

Berry

Sorry in advance of the long post. While leaveing a Burger King parking lot, a car pulled onto my right side trying to leave at the same time. I pulled onto RT. 6 (a four lane divided street), with that car behind me. I was traveling in the right hand lane, getting ready to make a left hand u-turn, looked in rear veiw mirror, she was a good 50 to 75 feet behind me, left directional on, no traffic coming in the opposite direction, I proceed with the turn. Bamm! A woman in a 2005 Honda Civic clips me right behind the drivers door, with most of the damage to the bed, right before the rear drivers side wheel. By the time we came to rest, the SS was almost perfecly parallel with the on comeing traffic.

Honda Civics weigh what? I'll just say 3,500 pounds for the sake of arguement. According the the sticker on the drivers door, my SS weighs 6,600. My question is, how fast was she going? She didn't leave any skid marks, but both rear wheels of the SS did. Her 3500 pound Civic pushed the 6,600 pound SS a good 10 - 15 feet.

Anyway, the police show up, she got to the officer first. I stayed in the SS till her car was moved away, because I didn't have enough room to get out.

I was given a writen warrning, for "improper left turn" The officer said to me "Why did you need to take such a wide turn?, I've seen 18 wheelers take this turn with no problems from the left lane" I said "Do you see that telephone pole officer?" "Yup""Well, I've almost hit that pole pulling a u-turn here."

My wife and I just got back from measuring the skid mark, it was 17 feet long.

Bare with me here, I haven't made any posts with pics......

034-1.jpg

054.jpg047.jpg040.jpg

DAMN!! That's some bad damage. Better there than your driver side door. Hate to say, but that is going to be a spendy fix.

Yea dude thats gonna be real expensive! You cant replace that part that the ext cab door is on, its part of the body of the truck. I wish you luck man.

wow thats at least 10 grand worth of damage and make sure when you take it to the body shop have em put it on the frame maching and make sure that frame is straight. i bet it is bent if it is there probly gonna total it.if its off a tiny bit let em total it and buy it back but it could be bent that was a hard hit she was doing 30to 40 mph at least. but glad your ok and didnt get hurt thats all that matters

ouch. sounds like to me she was travling way to fast and was probably in a hurry and thought she could get around you before you turned. This definatly doesn't sound like a just simple T-bone especially considering the fact she didn't hit the brakes.

That seriously sucks man, who was at fault? is insurance going to cover it? i would say if you wanted to re-paint the truck this would be a good time.

We wont know who is at fault untill the insurance adjuster looks a both vehicals. We have the same insurance co, so at least it wont take to long to figure it out.

No witnesses. The frame doesn't look like is bent, the gap between the cab and bed on the passengars side is the same. Since the drivers door doesn't close all the way, when it opens, it drops about a half an inch, the insurace co. says its undrivable. My wife noticed that the cab has a bump in it. Its all up in the air, untill the adjuster looks at the vehicals, they said it could take up to three business days for her to come and look at the SS.