Picked Up A 2008 Challenger Srt-8

AUTOGUY

sweet car for sure... just not feeling the stripes... the old classic version, the stripes fit that body style...

these new stripes take away a little from the sleekness of the new body style and makes it look dated.

Just a thought, instead of following the old style of stripes, why not improve them like dodge did with this updated version... the car was updated, maybe update the stripes? anyways, it's just my opinion :dunno:

i bet that took a lot of time and patience to get them on perfect...

These were designed to make the car look like and old one. We have Challenger customers asking for this design.

We will be doing other designs as well. We have the 71 R/T style, which is similar to this, but a split stripe, and are working on others right now.

It took hours to get the templates and patterns perfect, but about 20 minutes to install them on the car. I have been doing this type of work for a little while.

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the kick azz Challenger i personally love the stripes! you never seem to suprise us with what you add to your garage! :cheers: you always seem to get the best of all worlds from camaros to mustangs to diesel trucks (i think your last truck was a diesel???) Congrats on having one of the best line up here! :thumbs::thumbs:

EDIT: Hey i think i speak for all of us when i say show us some interior pictures!!

Edited by OneSlickSilvy (see edit history)

I love the stripes as well. It looks as if Dodge dropped the ball on that one. LOL!!! We sold an SRT-8 orange one just last week, and another local dealer has a silver SRT-8. Ur car looks funny w/o the optional sunroof IMO. Maybe it is just because all of the new Challenger's I've seen have them...?

Either way keep up the good work, maybe u should get in touch with the Mopar Accessory Division. They might buy that stripe kit from u and send u some extra cash!!! :thumbs:

Actually most of the mags that have been doing tests on them are running from 13.0 to 13.5's bone stock. With a CAI, Exhaust and a tune, 12's are a given.

It is a 5 speed auto. All of the 2008's are autos. The 2009 will be available with a Tremec 6 speed.

My buddy has one and hit a 13.7 bone stock. Not sure how acurate it is but that time came from the car's computer (1/4 mile time).

By the way...the stripes look GREAT :cheers: