Anyone Think This Would Fit?

:D Ok well this might be overkill by a long shot but i think would be very cool. Iv been looking at some 402's and some 408 for the future when i get more into my truck and more money together and found that with the engine and new trans and other misc stuff im prob be about 12 grand in. Now call me crazy but iv been looking at the new ZZ572 620 hp 650tq big block, that retails from jegs for around $12,000 but is a complete turn-key engine. Through some research found that the 4l80e tranns bolts up and they have aftermarket mounts so the engine will bolt into my truck. ii think the hardest things to do is to get some headers custom made and get the front accessories on. I know i could put a good 408 that makes the same power that bolts right in for cheaper but i think the 572 would have a really cool factor to it. as for drivability i think this is were the 408 engine would be better choice becuase its for sure it will get WAY better gas mileage then the 572, but i have read on other forums of people who daily drive there vehicles with this engine. I guess im kinda dreaming a little here but just an idea for later :chevy:

zz572.jpg

Yes. If the 572 fits in the 4th Gen Camaro, it will fit inside a full size Chevy.

Remember, the 8.1 fits in there.

Thats right I forgot that tha trucks came with the 8.1 in the 2500HD's...........I might have a project in order! :D

Check This Out!! Not Your Average Grandpa's Caddillac!!!!

Edited by SSTruck1 (see edit history)

why ? it makes 720 hp on race gas! for the high cr 572 . and cost 12 k

you can build yourself an lsx 454 that will make that on pump gas. and fit in the engine bay without major modifications.

the sound a 572 produces is tought to beat but if i were going for bbc i would go bigger

i went to a sand show recently , there was a two seat rail that had a 706 cu in motor that they said was reved to 9k rpms . i about shat myself , the motor was said to cost 60 k +

but serial man go build a big bore lsx and make the same power , you can even go tall deck and make a 511 cu in small block now.

why ? it makes 720 hp on race gas! for the high cr 572 . and cost 12 k

you can build yourself an lsx 454 that will make that on pump gas. and fit in the engine bay without major modifications.

the sound a 572 produces is tought to beat but if i were going for bbc i would go bigger

i went to a sand show recently , there was a two seat rail that had a 706 cu in motor that they said was reved to 9k rpms . i about shat myself , the motor was said to cost 60 k +

but serial man go build a big bore lsx and make the same power , you can even go tall deck and make a 511 cu in small block now.

If i were to get the 572 it would be the 620 version i wouldnt get the 720, i would get the 620 because it runs off 92 octane and is really streetable. iv been really looking into it latley and have found that it really wouldnt take to much to bolt in. the exhaust would have to be custom but other then that everything is sorta bolt on. i have found that the factory engine mounts from any 8.1l 2500hd would work. also i found a kit that a company makes were i can bolt on all my front accessories with some brackets they make so that would take care of that. as for tranny i would go with a flt 4l80e tranns and just run it off my factory controller with a nelson retune and a nelson 4l60e to 4l80e repin connector. i would have to extend the tranns mount back a little but have found that that wouldnt be difficult at all. as for fuel i would have to change it to a low psi high volume aeromotive pump. that would pretty much get it running. for gauges i could use my factory speedo, oil pressure, coolant temp, and of coarse the battery guage and fuel level sender. im not to sure about the factory tach, but an auto meter could simply take care of that. this is still of coarse an idea iv been thinking about lately that i think would be really cool. i want to keep this as realistic as possible, and with the research iv been looking up have found that this could be very possible and some one very streetable. theres a jeep and a few other cars i found on the net that daily drive there cars with this engine so i could prob well be a good daily driver, lol if gas prices permit! :D

For the cost of that 620hp 572, you could probably get a fully forged/decked/polished/ported/balanced/blueprinted 408ci LQ9 block

that runs on pump gas and makes the same power............just my $0.02

not so true anymore its called BOOST!

lol yeah thats true look at perish hes pumping out 1000ft-lb tq with his 408.....and yeah i know i could get a bad ass built small block for that much, but how many people have already done that?......im just saying that there is just a cool factor with this engine thats all that was the only reason i ever looked into MAYBE putting one of these engines in. I do like everyones response to this i really do listen and think about all of you all's posts :cheers: several minds is better then one! I guess we will all see what happens with this, if this is just my little wet dream :D or maybe it could be reality. I have been really digging in deep looking into it tho. could be very well possible. Thank you all for you 2 cents! :chevy:

not so true anymore its called BOOST!

even with boost (sc or trbo) or n.o.s. your going to hit a wall at some point... for example, everthing else being equal you could get a 350 to keep up with a 454 with a power adder but in the end if you add the same power adder to the 454 theres no way it could match it... the bigger the motor the more you can get out of it.

there is NO replacement for DISPLACEMENT :smash:

even with boost (sc or trbo) or n.o.s. your going to hit a wall at some point... for example, everthing else being equal you could get a 350 to keep up with a 454 with a power adder but in the end if you add the same power adder to the 454 theres no way it could match it... the bigger the motor the more you can get out of it.

there is NO replacement for DISPLACEMENT :smash:

Very True....... :cheers:

In one of the Truck'n Magazines they had an article were they put a Whipple supercharger system on this exact motor and it put down a little more then 1000 HP and a 1000tq, and I believe it was only with 10-12psi!!.......being realistic idk if a small block could do that, with alot more boost yeah but how long is it going to last before you break something in the engine? I agree totally with 2006_SUPERADO on this because yeah a smaller engine can make big power theres no dought about that, its just like he said though a 350 could be boosted to over power any stock big block but which is going to be able to make that power all day long every day.