And they said 18mpg WTF!!

darkseed

My guages have showed that too. :D

I think I hit the top speed of my truck the other day. I was going pretty damn fast. I just wish I knew how fast it was. Does anybody know what the top speed of a N/A truck would be with the gearing we have?

My guages have showed that too. :D

I think I hit the top speed of my truck the other day. I was going pretty damn fast. I just wish I knew how fast it was. Does anybody know what the top speed of a N/A truck would be with the gearing we have?

probably around 125 maybee 135.....

Darkseed,

How did you take that picture?

You should have had your eyes on the road at that speed. Or maybe I'm getting old because I would not be able to take a picture going that fast.

I got to hand it to you that picture gave me a chuckle. I had my Vette going 135 once or maybe twice.

Mark

Ok so the picture was takin at 2am on a great perfectly straight highway here in san diego.....for those you havent takin this truck to 120 plus, I must say it handles great. now remember not stock suspension here and have a 2-3 drop on mine. So it was simply shot with my 5060 digi cam in right hand and steering wheel in the left.....not to difficult. Anyway thank for all the comments I love the pic and just wanted somthin a little diff for my sig. :P

So have fun, keep it safe and drive fast :thumbs:

:cheers: Dave

Obviously Bryan reprogramed your top speed limiter from 109mph.

Were you in top gear at 5500rpm? What speed would that equate to assuming a linear amount of torque converter slip?

I rarely go over 100mph anymore. I hit 145 in my 1994 Z28 M6 last in 1996 on the highway with some nut in a TransAm. I wasn't paying attention to the speedo, but when I saw us gaining on traffic at warp speed, I saw the speedo and backed off fast. The TA continued and weaved thru traffic in a very dangerous manner. Yes this is South Florida.

Rick R

Archived