Damn Thieves

That sucks man.

That brough back flashbacks of when I had a truck stolen from my work. I went over 10 years with a stocker after that. I figured I try it again and bought the SS. I'm not in Cali anymore, but that don't mean chit.

Them PRICKS anymore get what they want regardless of protection.

I've heard liquid soap and tow trucks being used :(

At least you didn't lose your ride :)

My Ins is high but I choose ZERO comp for crap like this.

How much do them Jammers run?

Unfortunately it sounds like a lot of us have been hit before. It irritates me so many honest hard working people have to deal with these low lives.

I just ordered my jimmi jammer for the SS for 35 bucks without shipping. I also added the hood latch jammer so they can't open my hood from the outside for $40. With shipping it shouldn't be more than 90 bucks.

let us know how the install goes!

EDIT: anyone that may be interested, I checked out the site and they have some pretty cool things on there for security.

Light Keeper - part # 400110 (security screws. a good idea for anyone with aftermarket/smoked tails)

Gate Keeper - part # 200420 (plate to stop quick removal of tailgate)

Hood Jammer - part # PN 2026

Jimmi Jammer - part # 031502 (for trucks with locks on both front doors)

Plate Keeper - part # 400900 (security sheet metal type screws for license plates) part # 400910 (machined metric security screws for license plates)

Edited by KJT13 (see edit history)

Here is what I suggest for vehicle security

1)I talked to my local performance GM shop and they highly recommend the jimmi jammer. Most theives rely on prying around the door handle or punching out the lock cylinder, so this will deter the majority as if it takes too long they rather move to the next one. Next step is to block hood entry using a hood jimmi jammer or blocking the access to the cable.

Product,%20JJ_clip_image002_0000.gif

Hood%20guard%20part.gif

2) Next an immobilizer for the vehicle to prevent them from ever starting it. The immobilizers they recommended were:

PFK Autowatch 329 Ti Immobilizer

PFK Autowatch 573 PPi Immobilizer

MasterGard M6000 Immobilizer

Powerlock-Canada Immobilizer

These can range fron $230-600

3) The final step is to add a system like Lo jack, which can help you find the vehicle quickly if it is stolen.

http://lojack.com/ Typically about $600-700

My roomates cadi got stole in front of our driveway it took them about 30 sec. to get in. around 9:00 am my roomate gets up see its gone we call the police and around 10:30 we get another call from the Miami pd telling us they found his truck at Miami state fair ground his rims where gone and all the music and tvs gone. what he found that works the best is clifford (black jack) you have to enter a code when you get in the truck and start it up if you dont the truck shuts off in like 1 min.

post-8520-1216878288_thumb.jpg

Here is what I suggest for vehicle security

1)I talked to my local performance GM shop and they highly recommend the jimmi jammer. ...

Yup this was exactly my thought, a professional thief will not invest more than a few seconds entering a vehicle IMO, so all I'm wanting to do is to make the thief have to WORK to enter the truck. I know about wedges, and I don't see a thief using a wedge as it is too conspicuous and takes too long IMO :dunno: just my assumption on that. But I'm thinking if it takes more than a couple minutes or if the thief must resort to breaking out the window they'll probably move on to an easier target in the parking lot.

Mr. P.

im sorry man, i just hate a damn thief. you cant have anything nice with out some **** trying to get it from you or messing it up. i hope you get you truck squared away