Weird Electrical Problem, Would Like Some Opinions

Holty

Alright, i know this is a weird one and i'm scratching my head. I'm sure i'll track it down eventually but figured I would ask for other opinions. This problem just started "out of the blue" on saturday. Well, actually TWO problems, but i have to believe they are both directly related.

First problem: Driving down the road, my head unit kept switching it's display back and forth (intermittantly) from whatever input source i was listening to (ie radio, cd, dvd) to the back up camera. Now keep in mind my head unit auto displays the back up camera everytime i put the gear selector in reverse. So i'm driving down the road and all of a sudden instead of showing what radio station i'm playing, my head unit shows me what is behind me via my back up camera. Now i'm immediatly think ok a loose wire somewhere in my audio/video system. But then, problem number two happens....

Second problem: I come home later that day and back into my garage and notice that when I'm in reverse AND applying the brakes my right turn signal light in my gauge cluster shows to be "half way" luminated (meaning its lit up, but not very bright). I notice in my right mirror also SOME of the LED's are lit up like I was using using my turn signal, but they were not blinking, and not all of them were luminated. When i release the brake pedal, everything goes back to normal.

I didn't have much time to mess with it yet as i have been busy with work and home stuff lately. I did have my wife check to verify my brake and reverse lights are all working when in Drive and reverse.

WTF is going on here?!

Could be some malfunction....maybe a wire is feeding power into a output....check your grounds of your head unit.

I had a similiar weird problem, the aeroforce gauge was plugged into the accesory input and for some reason one day it started feeding power into my whole dash. When ever it was plugged in my radio, dash lights etc would turn even if the car was off.

stocker tail lights ? or LED taillights? had problems when i had my led's short out.. or check your trailer wiring loom and make sure no monket buisness going on there, road cheese, or corosion, that can cause some feed back.. last but least.. the radio, is the antanae plugged in or grounded, when i did hte antanae delete on my SS, you know the hide it under the hood mod, it was not grounded and it made the radio go hay wire and not even work, after market maybe different result..

Prolbem 2, Might be the turn singal switch, I have a 88 chevy and if I wiggle the turn signal lever the arrow light in the dash lights up. I'v got to repace the bearing(I think it is out of aligment) and some other parts, but i doubt your bearing is bad. Gm wired the brake light switch to the turn signal switch on that particulator year. BTW nice truck.