What Do You Guys Think About The New Supercharger For The 5.7l Tundras

xbit_11

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first I have heard of it, I assume it's a TRD blower? Those Tundra's are heavy, i'll believe the numbers when I see them for real. I wonder if the camshafts in the 5.7 will stand up to boost, some of the first ones couldn't even stand up to normal use.......

if it gives you that kind of power, finding traction is really not that hard too as long as you have the drivetrain ( trans and rear) to handle it , get some slicks and trac bars and you should be fine.

im still not worried though. id love to race a tundra with a blower.

I'm not here to cause an argument about which truck is better, faster or stronger. I'm just running this by you chevy guys to see what yall think about it. I don't have a S/c nor do I think I will ever get one. This maybe the wrong thread to post this in, but any how I'll post the videos that just came out of the S/c. I love the Silverado SSs, which is probably why I am posting on your forum. I hope you guys come across one soon. I guarantee a good race!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/060-SC-...-4X4_173498.htm

The thing about our tundras is...they will never have a 1/4 of the aftermarket that Chevy has. It doesnt take a whole lot to get an SS as fast as or faster than a 5.7 Tundra. Mod for Mod We cant win. So you put a $7,000 s/c on and beat a few. They have a couple s/c available plus more than one tuner. You got a guy like chase running 11s when the trd blower gets us into the 13's. Even a RCSB would be lucky to hit low 13's, maybe 12's with Nitrous added on, but who would be crazy enough to do that...

I'm not here to cause an argument about which truck is better, faster or stronger. I'm just running this by you chevy guys to see what yall think about it. I don't have a S/c nor do I think I will ever get one. This maybe the wrong thread to post this in, but any how I'll post the videos that just came out of the S/c. I love the Silverado SSs, which is probably why I am posting on your forum. I hope you guys come across one soon. I guarantee a good race!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/060-SC-...-4X4_173498.htm

until it can get in the 12's I'm not worried lol :jester: Chevy had a huge market for aftermarket parts so toy has a way to go plus I'm sure what aftemaket parts are available porbably cost an arm & a leg.

and a Double Cab 4x4 Tundra running a 0-60 in 4.6 sec.

I'll be brutally honest here, this number doesn't scare me.....I run 0-60 in around 5.5 seconds right now with some wheel spin and mine is a full bolt-on truck. Once my cam/rods/springs/injectors go in sometime in the next 7-8 months, i'll probably be close to that number..........like I said before, I want to see time slips from that blower equipped pig.