What Do You Guys Think About The New Supercharger For The 5.7l Tundras

xbit_11

well if American keep buying these "non imports" our American companies will be bankrupt

its all prefrence man, they dont make SS's, lightnings, or srt10s anymore so i went with the next best thing for performance in a truck, a RCSB tundra. If Ford, and dodge made better vehicles then they wouldnt have a problem selling. Not too crazy about the new silverado looks, but the previous gen, the one the SS is based on is one of the nicer looking trucks out i think.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why people are still blabbing about the Toyota tundra being an imported truck. The truck and parts are all produced and made in America. The only thing Japanese about the tundra is the company name.

The way I see it people could by whatever they want and that is good. You can't really say that the Tundra is an American truck though bro, look at this way most of money that u spend buying that Tundra goes to Japan. Hey, my V-Max was made in Canada but it is still American because it is American engineered and all the money I paid for it goes to an American company here in the U.S. If your happy with your Tundra, then that's all that matters.

Hey, my V-Max was made in Canada but it is still American because it is American engineered and all the money I paid for it goes to an American company here in the U.S.

Yes Chevy trucks are assembled in Canada, but look at the parts content, it's almost all American......for instance, the engines are built in Romulus, Michigan..........

Yes Chevy trucks are assembled in Canada, but look at the parts content, it's almost all American......for instance, the engines are built in Romulus, Michigan..........

Yeah, the majority of parts are made in America. I was just saying even if our trucks are made in Canada they are American trucks, the majority of parts are made here in America, they were engineered here in America and all the money we pay for our trucks stay here in America. I can't say the same for import trucks even if they are built here in America. Aren't most SS & V-Max trucks built in Canada?

Edited by huero626 (see edit history)

Yeah, the majority of parts are made in America. I was just saying even if our trucks are made in Canada they are American trucks, the majority of parts are made here in America, they were engineered here in America and all the money we pay for our trucks stay here in America. I can't say the same for import trucks even if they are built here in America. Aren't most SS & V-Max trucks built in Canada?

Its funny this topic always comes up. The new Tundras were designed here in torrence california by Americans. Built here in the United States. Pretty sure most of the parts are built here too. The Jobs are here so that puts some money back into the economy. I know most of the profits go back to japan, but how many jobs has toyota created by building here, which cant hurt the economy. So whats the definition of import. Something thats made here, or the orgin of the brand? I know I know, bottom line toyotas are imports, but i just dont like thinking that my American made truck is in the same category as a hyundai, you know?

Its funny this topic always comes up. The new Tundras were designed here in torrence california by Americans. Built here in the United States. Pretty sure most of the parts are built here too. The Jobs are here so that puts some money back into the economy. I know most of the profits go back to japan, but how many jobs has toyota created by building here, which cant hurt the economy. So whats the definition of import. Something thats made here, or the orgin of the brand? I know I know, bottom line toyotas are imports, but i just dont like thinking that my American made truck is in the same category as a hyundai, you know?

If it makes you feel better, I believe that Toyota are the best made import owned trucks.

Edited by Show Time (see edit history)

I don't understand why people are still blabbing about the Toyota tundra being an imported truck. The truck and parts are all produced and made in America. The only thing Japanese about the tundra is the company name.

Hey they let the Camry race in NASCAR, so Toyota's gotta be domestic now!!! :jester: Geopolitical landscaping aside:

socaliallstar82 - if you Tundra guys wanna go fast you do EXACTLY what MOST of us chevy/ford/dodge guys here are doing - fab and install your own nitrous kit, or turbo kit, or brackets to run a centrifugal.

xibit - my opinion of the TRD kit, well it's a well researched and complete kit but with delivering only 550 ft-lbs at the crank it's a little light in the shorts to be considered a "high" performance piece - I would call it a "street performance" kit. My only criticism is that it's $1500 too expensive for the performance level you get IMO.

Mr. P.

:flag: thats all i have to say !

ok ok one more thing.. theres a difference from canada...to japan.... i dont recall canada ever bombin the USA!! call me crazy.. but u will never find my ass in anything but :flag: i guess its just something i call pride !!

ok back to the topic..haha