Fast Intake Need Some Questions Answered

Buying a fast intake with 90mm throtle body opening. What other things do I need for this to bolt up to the truck? I will be doing the fuel rails and all the injectors but the Tb shoud just swap over, or do I need to buy another one???

This was a hot topic 2-3 years ago, search and there's a lot of posted info. I don't remember all the details but I think you have to swap the front accessories & belt/drive from the truck setup to the car setup... :dunno: Also you need the TB wiring adapter.

Mr. P. :)

pm krambo he is doing a car intake

youll need a idler relocation bracket, new wiring harness for a 90mm tb if you the 90 or 92.

youll need to convert your stock lined to an fittings which is pretty easy with a harlind an fitting and a hardline repaid kit from napa.

This was a hot topic 2-3 years ago, search and there's a lot of posted info. I don't remember all the details but I think you have to swap the front accessories & belt/drive from the truck setup to the car setup... :dunno: Also you need the TB wiring adapter.

I did a search and not a whole lot came up. Thats why I posted. If going with a different settup would be better some one tell me. Im staying N/A.

Pipefitter, I received your PM however you didn't ask any direct questions. Going off of your first post I'll do my best to answer what I know off of memory.

1. If you are buying a new FAST 90, they do not make them anymore. The new 92mm replaced it. I originally was going to do some port work however the risk to gasket sealing appeard to be more trouble than it was worth.

2. You will need to do a different water pump or modify your stock WP neck to exit strait out front so it doesn't hit the TB. Common solutions are a L92 WP and the 97 vette pump (Pulley spaced out with washers), I am doing a Mezeire electric LS1 pump which will work as well if you space it out just like the 97 corvette WP. The L92 may require some grinding for TB clearance depending on what TB you have.

3. You will need to perminately cut a chunk of your stock alt/ps bracket.

4. The vacuum port on the FAST intake neck will need to be trimmed in order to fit.

5. You said you are going with new fuel rails, keep in mind the mounts on the FAST 90 are designed for "car style" injectors and are lower. If you plan on using truck injectors, you will need to fab up some risers. As Chase mentioned, you will need to convert your stock lines to -AN fittings as well. Fairly simple however good -AN fittings add up quick! If you go with car injectors, you will need some injector harnesses to cut and splice in. Also keep in mind if you have a rail mounted FPR, you will need to figure out a way to mount that puppy or go aftermarket. FYI, 1997 corvette fuel rails will save ALOT of time here as they have a rail mounted FPR and will bolt right up to the intake and the stock fuel lines.

6. You have a choice with relocating your idler pulley. You can go with a relocation bracket or do a smaller corvette C5 idler pulley in the stock location that is spaced out like a full inch and rout the belt differently. This is of course if you are going to keep your stock truck accessories. If you swap to all car, then it doesn't matter. The relo bracket I used required me to trim down the bolt heads in order to fit. I also needed to go with a 2005 corvette idler pulley due to clearance issues on the Mezeire water pump neck.

7. If you do not have a 90mm TB, then you will need to buy one or have a reducer bracket made for your stocker. To make the 90mm TB work, you need the "x-link" or do the Speartech TB wire adaptor and TAC module swap.

8. Based on what WP you choose, you will ned to either space out the tensioner or cut it down. I had to cut it down with the EWP. Critical to do a perfectly square cut otherwise alignment will be off and you will throw belts.

9. I haven't tried it however you may not be able to use your stock coolant cross-over pipe. You most likely will need the LS1 style. I used this one and had to modify the coolant intake pipe so it would clear the alt bracket.

10. Air intake tubing will need some adjustment since the intake sits back and lower a little more than the trucks.

11. I am deleting the EVAP system otherwise that will need some attention with respect to the length of the stock plastic line to the solenoid.

12. Need a new belt of the appropriate length

I am sure I am missing some stuff here, its bed time for me. As you can see, it isn't a direct bolt on and will cost some coin to make it happen. If you were to buy all of the parts NEW, including the intake, it could run you $2k to just do this swap. You have to weigh the options and see if it is really worth it fou you. Since I had to buy a new WP, fuel rails, intake etc. there was no question I was going with the FAST 92 to compliment my deep breathing motor. Click on the link in my sig for pictures of what I had to do to make it work (sprayed 408 build thread). I will be posting up intake pics and such in the next two weeks as well. :devil:

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

one thing kevin , you can keep your evap . especially since your n/a i completely removed the hard plastic line and just clamped a shorter piece of fuel line to the hardline in the rear of the engine bay ( behind block near firwall) and attached it to the small end of the solenoid that usually site in the intake. im sure i run the risk of blowing it off the solenoid but havent yet , even with over 205 kpa on the map.

here is a pic of how i routed it

DSC00514.jpg

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)