Plasma Or Lcd Questions Again

SSThunder

What are y'all meaning by running hot? I have a plasma that stays on almost all day and its cool to the touch.

seems like an old wise tell these days that Plasma's run hotter than a normal TV.

Lcd is good if you have kids for video games and computer graffics,movies are ok,plasma is better for the adult vewing,plasma is a higher quality(burn in risk on video games) in regaurds to color vibrance plasma wins hands down, and offer the least in motion artifacts,action movies on an lcd is like looking thru a screen door.....way to many motion artifacts and jagged edges, colors are not as rich. lcd is entry level,plasma is professional grade imo

pioneer pure vision for me!

Edited by supersub (see edit history)

Samsung or Sony LCD is the way to go. thegame.gif

Somebody told me Sony makes the Vizio screens. Anybody know if that's true? If so that makes the Vizio a great value if I can get a 42" LCD 1080P for under $900!! :cheers:

I have a new Samsung 52" LCD... the Prosumer model... it was $3899 at best buy plus tax, 4 year unconditional warranty, blueray (ps3), Stand, and yamaha sound bar...

The whole set up was about $6500... well worth it...

and yea the 120hz refresh rate makes a difference... something to consider is that most TV doesnt even come close to the 1080P broadcast... at most it is 1080i which is comparable to 720p...

it will take awhile before 1080p becomes standard broadcast... if ever...lol

Lcd is good if you have kids for video games and computer graffics,movies are ok,plasma is better for the adult vewing,plasma is a higher quality(burn in risk on video games) in regaurds to color vibrance plasma wins hands down, and offer the least in motion artifacts,action movies on an lcd is like looking thru a screen door.....way to many motion artifacts and jagged edges, colors are not as rich. lcd is entry level,plasma is professional grade imo

pioneer pure vision for me!

i think you should check your facts on color, picture, and motion... there has a been a ton of upgrades on LCDs....

I had a budget of 5k for a new flatscreen about 4 months ago and I compared LCDs and Plasmas for several weeks and went to several stores... it was between a pioneer plasma and a Samsung LCD... i choose the LCD... lots of technology has changed with refresh rates... basically it boils down to what look best in person and a rock solid warranty...

plus plasma has a burn in potential...

anyways, my first intention was plasma all the way... but after a ton of research i reluctantly switched... and have been 100% satisfied.

Somebody told me Sony makes the Vizio screens. Anybody know if that's true? If so that makes the Vizio a great value if I can get a 42" LCD 1080P for under $900!! :cheers:

i heard that 2 but i do know this all the tv use same supplier for there internal parts well thats what iv heard..

By and large, plasma burn in concerns are a thing of the past. Unless you are going to display airline schedules 24/7, you don't need to worry about it. On a couple of occasions, I have accidentally left my plasma on with a paused screen for several hours, with no harm done.

I didnt know what the difference between 1080i and P was so I searched and found this article:

http://www.hometheatermag.com/gearworks/1106gear/

I think its basically saying that there is no difference when youre watching TV or HDTV, but 1080P is better when youre watching blu-ray discs or playing video games... I dont know, just sharing some info

By and large, plasma burn in concerns are a thing of the past. Unless you are going to display airline schedules 24/7, you don't need to worry about it.

CORRECTAMUNDO!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you what to buy, but I can offer my insight. I recently just purchased a 58" Panasonic Plasma for my new family room. I was in the same boat as you, LCD or Plasma??????? Well, I went to a couple of stores and checked out what they had. The decision was fairly easy for me because I never did see a 58" LCD. All I saw was a 52" I believe. I've had it now for over a month and I'm completely satisfied with the picture quality and sound. The sound this Plasma puts out is fairly decent although I have already set up the room for 7.1 surround. All I need is the $$$$ for all the components. Anyways, depending on where you get your TV, these stores can wheel and deal. At first I bought a 58" Samsung Plasma from Circuit City. I never did any research on those Plasmas so when I got home, I wondered if I did the right thing since I was initially going for the Panni. Well, the next day I went to BB and told the girl the deal I had. The advertised price for the Panni was higher than the Samsung. Not only did I get the Panni cheaper, but I got a $400.00 line conditioner for $100.00 in the deal. I believe the Panni was advertised for something like $3999.00, but I got it for $2800.00 when everything was all said and done. Money talks bro!!!!!! You could get an even better deal if you purchase other things at the same time. I bought the wall mount, 4 year warranty, line conditioner, etc. which made the deal better.

Above all, don't listen to anyone!!!!!! Go out and do your research, look at both TVs, do some reading, ask questions, be informed about the decision you are about to make. There are many different features each TV has, for example, the Panni has a slot to insert your card from your camera so you can watch the pics as a slideshow. The Samsung didn't, but it did have a USB slot. For what, I have no clue!!!!