Plasma Or Lcd Questions Again

SSThunder

Well I'm really thinking this will be the year I take the plunge and get a flat pannel TV. The prices are fair I guess so I'm trying to deicde between Plasma and LCD. LCd technology has gotten better but I still worry about the "blur" effect with sporting events. most LCD's have a response time of 5MM or greater. I know with Plasma this isn't or shouldn't be a problem so I'm now leaning toward those. Here is one I plan to look at tonight:Panasonic 42" VIERA Plasma HDTV Model #: PAN TH42PZ80U

$1250 for 42" plasma with 1080P isn't bad I guess, but I'd like to spend less if possible. I was wondering what lesser brand name plasma/LCd tv's are good?

My cousin just got a 42" 1080P LCD at Wal-Mart for like $900. It's a Sanyo model. Should I go cheap or spend an extra $300 for as better brand name?

Help me out here guys. this is a big purchase for me since I'll need a new TV stand so a good $1500 will go out of my pocket an dnot be for my truck lol :jester:

I have the 50" version of that Panasonic Plasma from last year. So far I am happy with it. About the only draw back is sometimes I get light reflecting on the screen. If your room is fairly dark, then no worries about that. I chose plasma over LCD for the better color they make and the fact it looks the same from all viewing angles.

A good place to check up on any HD-TV stuff is

www.avsforum.com?

I recently purchased a 58 in Samsung Plasma 1080p Flat Screen, and Wow! It's been great so far and Blu-ray Looks Amazing on it, by the way I bought the whole sha-bang. Tv, Samsung Blu-Ray Player, and Onkyo 7.1 Surround Sound System. The plasma was about 3,300, pretty pricy but i think it was worth it.

So my vote goes to getting a plasma

One thing to consider is you cant just buy a TV..you need a good surge protector and cables...and if you go with a 120Hz TV the cables are $120 for cheapies and the power station starts around $220...and you have to have this stuff to get the picture you want and the power station is needed to maintain the power to the tv..if it fluctuautes at all its will mess your picture up..

just my .02 but I've got a 42" vizio lcd, and for the money it's badass!! Lcd's run cooler than plasmas, and are lighter. My buddies got a dlp, and he paid 2500 for his, mine cost 900 and his wife even said my vixio has a better picture than his. just a thought... btw, vizio is made by sony!

visio is the best bang 4 the buck if u want a cheap one... i personally have a 46 inch samsung lcd tv model 750 the one with touch of color bought it for about $1800 on amazon.com and if the price goes down they will refund u the difference within the 30 days...

dont waste ur money on plasma cuz if u leave somethign on the screen long enough it will be burned on it faster than... lcd

I havent done much research on plasma vs. LCD. I have a Olevia 323 S11, which is a 23" LCD flatscreen. It does have a great picture, but what I dont like is how much heat the screen gives off. I have it in my room which is pretty small, and if I have it on for a while I can tell teh room gets a little hotter. I dont know about the glare on the screen either cause the sun never hits my window directly. It is cool being able to hook it up as my computer screen though

One thing to consider is you cant just buy a TV..you need a good surge protector and cables...and if you go with a 120Hz TV the cables are $120 for cheapies and the power station starts around $220...and you have to have this stuff to get the picture you want and the power station is needed to maintain the power to the tv..if it fluctuautes at all its will mess your picture up..

I can get cables and all the other stuff through one of my distributors. I can get the tvs also but S&H kills any money I would save off local stores even with 6% sales tax.

just my .02 but I've got a 42" vizio lcd, and for the money it's badass!! Lcd's run cooler than plasmas, and are lighter. My buddies got a dlp, and he paid 2500 for his, mine cost 900 and his wife even said my vixio has a better picture than his. just a thought... btw, vizio is made by sony!

I'm leaning toward the 42" LCD Vizio. Plasmas running hot isn't good for my 2 yr old.

Hey jeremy. Wich ever one you decide, BUY ME ONE TOO!!

Yeah right Ben. I'm not loaded, heck I'll probably go with a Wal-Mart Vizio brand LCD lol :jester:

I have had my 42" LG LCD for about 6 months now and I love it. I only paid $950 for it from best buy. Sporting events are clear as day the only downfall is that is only 720p, but I was not to worried about that becasue it is very hard to tell the difference between the two IMO. I also have a blu-ray player and I hate watching normal dvd's now and like brobradh77 said definatley get a good surge protector I had my old tv get hit by lightning with a cheap surge protector and thankfully I had renter insurance or I would still be watching my 20" tube TV