Piston To Valve Clearance

can anyone figure out, or know how i can figure out how much valve to piston clearance i will have with stock heads decked to 64cc. I think thats around .040 of decking if i remember right its about .005 per cc. I called comp cams and they couldn't tell me. My cam is .610, .588

open close

Int. 3 btdc 41 abdc

Exh 51 bbdc 3- atdc

would there be any problems decking the heads that much, like bolt holes lining up or ports not matching on the intake. I'm also thinking about using a .040 head gasket with this as well.

Thanks Much!

Brad

the best and most accurate way is to clay the head. is that gasket .040" compressed?

Cleaner method -

Bring the piston to TDC, and install head completely torqued to final spec. Remove the valve springs from the valves, they will fall into the chamber until the head contacts the piston, measure this distance with a dial indicator.

Mr. P. :)

Cleaner method -

Bring the piston to TDC, and install head completely torqued to final spec. Remove the valve springs from the valves, they will fall into the chamber until the head contacts the piston, measure this distance with a dial indicator.

Mr. P. :)

:withstupid: thats another way aswell, thanks Steve :thumbs: