Wheel Controls/ Stock Radio Problems

today i started having issues with my stock radio , the 6 disc unit that comes factory in the ss.

it is just in the steering wheel controls, what happens is sometimes i press vlume up and it will switch tracks on a cd or change the channel on xm , or change the source. its usually just the volume button that acts up , any ideas?

more than likely the buttons need to be replaced. they all work thru one wire with different resistance and if the contacts inside wear out the resistance gets different. they are about 20 bucks at the dealer and a 2 minute swap out. hope this helps

more than likely the buttons need to be replaced. they all work thru one wire with different resistance and if the contacts inside wear out the resistance gets different. they are about 20 bucks at the dealer and a 2 minute swap out. hope this helps

you could be right, i did just replace them not long ago though with brand new ones when i did my steering wheel swap. one thing the other day that was weird too. when i used the remote start to start my truck my clock went back to 12:00 .