Zippy Shift Kit

1 Fast SS

I put a topic in the "How to" section, but not many replys back, so I'll ask it here. I'm gonna get a Zippy shift kit, and needed to know a few things. I got a bonus at work the other day, and have some money to play with to get a few mods. I plan on getting a Zippy shift kit, stall, and NOS kit. When I'm complete with all my mods (including what's in my sig.) I hope to have 500+ hp. Has anyone installed a Zippy shift kit on their own trucks? Is it hard to do? I have the wrenchng know how, but never worked on a tranny before. It kind of scares me. I'll need to know which kit to get. I'm guessing he will send me a street/strip kit with neck breaking shifts, and something to hold 500HP or better. I'll have Frank re-tune my truck and install the NOS, but I plan on doing the shift kit if it's not that hard. So if some of you experts could help, I sure would appreciate it.

Terry

I'd let a shop do the install. when I got my kit I saw many people have trouble with installs because they lacked knowledge of the trans and if something isn't done correct, then bad trans parts will follow. If you plan to tow get a good TC. I run the TBTC and zippy kit and it's fine for me and I'm putting plenty of HP behind it all. :jester:

I plan on getting the TB TC. Did you get the inline V-6?

ask zippy i believe the one he sold me was made by precision industries.just tell him you want the tbtc and he will hook you up,i think mine cost about 150 bones.i had his shift kit,servos,tbtc for about a year and no problems............knock on wood.call me up if you have anymore questions :cheers::chevy: oh yeah make sure you also get a bigger trans cooler..........i got the trucool trans cooler