Help! My Door Switches Arnt Working

sonickoolten

ok well i decided to install my own speakers and sound system.... well i took off my door panels and the connectors...... well i am all done now and connected the panel up to the connectors and tried to c if they work and nothing and the sideview mirror button is not lighting up.... the panel is temp installed right now and my windows are down so anyhelp would be really appriciated... already looked @ the fuses and all that.. i have no clue..... we didnt mess with any of those wires beside unpluging them..... any one have this prob after replacing door speakers??? and the door open lights on the door can u just pull it out cuz when i went to install the plug on it the bulb actually got loose and fell inside the light.....

Edited by 10zin (see edit history)

Do you have both doors hooked up?

I think the majority of that wiring runs into and is controlled by the BCM, it wouldn't surprise me if it was shutting everything off because it thinks there is a short.

My advice: Double check all the connections again, even for the ump-teenth time. Make sure all of the wires are actually seated properly in each connector, and that any ground wires you may have taken off are hooked back up. Plug in all the controls on both doors, check EVERY last fuse, and make sure everything else is working.

You may be suffering from the trickle-down effect starting from the HU. Let us know what's up and we'll go from there.

ok well just my luck and it has started to rain and my windows are down.... the one day i decide to work on the truck and it rains. in arizona and it rains.. well i have the wires all hooked up and the door were temp installed... just wondering where does the door get its ground from??? maybe if i hooked up the doors all the way and then tried it should work right?

Edited by 10zin (see edit history)