I Need Your Guys Help With My 69 Camaro

RICE EATER

ok guys i really value your guys oppion..and im stuck on something.. ive decided to get the camaro back to gether . ive got the car back from the paint shop awhile ago after being there a year.. and i think most of u saw the pics o posted black with carbon fiber painted strips...ok now heres my problem.. my painter and body guy was suppost to make me a custom one of spoiler..well as my luck would have it .. it got a job offer to paint off shore racing boats and makin like 250,000 a year.. and hes only a year older then me.. grr..lol anyway he got the car done but not the spoiler and he shut his shop down and moved.... sooo ive ****ED!!..lol

ok so now moving forward ive got another buddie whos pretty good with fiberglass and said he can make the spoiler.. and ive got another buddy thats really good with an airbrush.. but im not sure if he can match the exact patteren my painter did . there for it might look tacky...so thats opion one... now the other idea ive come up with is to have him make a spoiler out of carbon fiber which would have looked killer i think but im not sure how it would look with painted strips stoping on a real carbon fiber spoiler it just doesnt seem like it would flow right . ive found all black carbon fiber so its harder to see the weave but still then the strips will just run in to it and stop....ughh.. im really stuck on this guys and need some help.. any ideas??

heres some pics of the spoiler im thinkin about doing something like this. u can click on the pics on the right to view them larger

http://www.lateral-g.net/members/killercustoms/

Edited by RICE EATER (see edit history)

thats sick in a good way....probably the best idea of paint i seen. i would say go for it. if u dont like it redo it. its not like its a daily driver. u can have it in the shop as long as it may take. its just the spoiler

well i know u guys dont like the sticker.. but its got sentamental value.. and its along story..and its very!!! well known because of it..like you said its the cars name and "handle"..lol and basicly the back window is the only peice of anything thats i havent replaced. now im thinkin about airbushing rice eater on the back of the spoiler in the same script as nasty 69 is on the hood...or somethin the car must always have the name on it somewhere .. and i understand why u may think its alil tacky..or whatever and i can agree i like my cars smooth and sleek and ive never had any kinda of stick on my vehicles other then that one. so anyways it will get changed at some point but im not worried about that im more worried about the holes in my trunklid ..lol

a... do i have a solid carbon fiber spoiler made and thats it.. and posible a matchin carbon fiber chin spoiler

b... do i have a fiberglass spoiler made and have some one tryyy to match the same paint??

c... keep buging u guys to come up with another idea?? lol

first your camaro is awesome. as for the spoiler problem why dont you get one made out of carbon fiber then match the base color on your car and leave the stripes just bare carbon fiber with a clearcoat over it. It would be way easier to match your base coat instaed of trying to duplicate the carbon fiber paint.

Edited by rojo_143 (see edit history)