New Metallica Album Sept 12th

mr breze

Here's the released track listing and cover art. First video for the song "The Day That Never Comes" was recorded last week.

Track Listing

That Was Just Your Life

The End Of The Line

Broken, Beat & Scarred

The Day That Never Comes

All Nightmare Long

Cyanide

The Unforgiven III

The Judas Kiss

Suicide & Redemption

My Apocalypse

DM_cover.pdf

im pumped that all the GREAT amazing 80's bands are coming back, motley crew has a new cd coming out as well as guns and roses, give us youngsters to get back to classic metal!!!!!

PLUS ozzfest in dallas, frisco park, im going im excited!!!!!!

im pumped that all the GREAT amazing 80's bands are coming back, motley crew has a new cd coming out as well as guns and roses, give us youngsters to get back to classic metal!!!!!

PLUS ozzfest in dallas, frisco park, im going im excited!!!!!!

Crue came out in June. GNR isn't GNR. it's Axl and a bunch of other guys. that album (Chinese Democracy) has been due out for about 7 years or so. I've lost track.

Hmmmm ... I wonder if they will offer "Free Downloads" of their new album??? (LOL ... Not) ...

I too cant wait to see how this one turned out ....

BTW ... Screw Axl from GNR ... Go with Velvet Revolver, its all the guys from GNR, minus Axl, but with the Lead singer from STP.

Hmmmm ... I wonder if they will offer "Free Downloads" of their new album??? (LOL ... Not) ...

I too cant wait to see how this one turned out ....

BTW ... Screw Axl from GNR ... Go with Velvet Revolver, its all the guys from GNR, minus Axl, but with the Lead singer from STP.

Scott Weiland is out of VR for a couple months now. I am actually going this Friday to see STP live. Saw VR in a club in Sayrville NJ a couple years ago as a warmup to their first tour. What a show.......Less than 1000 people.

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)

Rick Rubin produced this one.

that's Legendary Producer Rick Rubin sir! :D

he has a weird but great style to production. he's very hands off as opposed to Bob Rock. Rick won't be there everyday and when he does, he lays on a couch and listens to the playback. He hardly will make any comments until he's heard everything. He listens as a fan would and that's where I think he's great. From Metal to Rock to Rap, the man has worked with some great artists over the years.

The only reason Metallica hired Bob Rock in the first place was sound. After the production woes of ...and Justice For All, they wanted the black album to be completely tight in the playback. Don't get me wrong, Justice was a great album, but the mix sucks. Even though they couldn't stand Motley Crue, after Dr. Feelgood came out, James and Lars agreed that they needed Rock to make the black album sound right. Over time, it was like Rock was the 5th member of the band.

That relationship is what I think weakend the music.

The final straw was St. Anger. It was so over produced to sound under produced. That tuning of the snare drum is the white elephant but there was so much more. If they whittled some of the songs down in length, and recorded them like the live rehearsal dvd that came with the cd, there might have been some decent songs. Length, dating it with no Kirk solos, vocals, and production killed it.

I don't think that it's a coincedence that they changed record labels following the release either.

ok... end rant.