Call *77

ok so im sure this has been around a while. but i just got an email. a long story about how it saved a life. if there is an unmarked police car or suspicious vehicle trying to pull you over you do not stop. you call *77 and you are connected with a dispatcher and they will guide you. hello! i dont want a ticket for talking on my cell phone too! sorry that bothered me haha. call this number and dont pull over but its illegal to use your phone while driving. blah! i guess unless you have a cyborg ear piece. or blue tooth. haha

If you get pulled over for talking on your phone say you were talking to your Doctor, or some sort of appointment thing. There is loop holes and that is one of them. Important must have, calls are fine. I know in New York no unmarked car can pull you over and if one tries to, call and tell them you're not pulling over. And they'll tell you if you should or not..

I know in New York no unmarked car can pull you over and if one tries to, call and tell them you're not pulling over. And they'll tell you if you should or not..

Down here in Suffolk County, Highway Patrol and the COPE task force run unmarked cars all the time.......

In Indiana they use unmarked vehicles whether it's state, county or municipal agencies.

They can pull you over and write you a ticket, but they must be in full uniform, not civilian clothes. Law was put into effect because of police impersonators pulling over women and sexual assaults. My son got pulled over by a cop in an unmarked Camaro in civilian clothes. My son made him aware that he knew the law. Let him go with just a verbal warning for improper lane change. He wasn't an impersonator as he lives by us and always has driven unmarked cars.

Down here in Suffolk County, Highway Patrol and the COPE task force run unmarked cars all the time.......

Yep, I know.. apparently my area or some crap people decided it would be fun to pull people over and kill them so.. something about it here. That and we don't really have 'unmarked' cars.. it's pretty easy to tell...

Yep, I know.. apparently my area or some crap people decided it would be fun to pull people over and kill them so.. something about it here. That and we don't really have 'unmarked' cars.. it's pretty easy to tell...

Yeah we had a few incidents with impersonators down here too. Even if the car is unmarked, there is always a uniformed officer(s) inside. All of the unmarked HP and COPE cars are Crown Vics, you can tell what hey are as soon as you see them, but some of the other tasks forces here(drug, gang, street racing) use a whole spectrum of vehicles from Hummer H2's, Ford Escapes, Nissan Maxima's, to a Volvo(usually from seizures).

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

ok so im sure this has been around a while. but i just got an email. a long story about how it saved a life. if there is an unmarked police car or suspicious vehicle trying to pull you over you do not stop. you call *77 and you are connected with a dispatcher and they will guide you. hello! i dont want a ticket for talking on my cell phone too! sorry that bothered me haha. call this number and dont pull over but its illegal to use your phone while driving. blah! i guess unless you have a cyborg ear piece. or blue tooth. haha

I've never heard of the *77 gig and I just retired from Law Enforcement after 33 years so you would think I probably would have heard about it some time or the other during those 33 years. Also, Snopes.com calls it false. Washington State just passed a cell phone law and it has "reporting an emergency" as an exemption. Your profile says you live in the state of NJ which also has this exemption.

I freaking cant stand people who talk on their cell phones while driving. Everytime I see someone talking and driving, I can see they are not paying any attention to what's going on around them. I'm also seeing more people doing text messages while driving, WTF??