Magnaflow With Turndowns?

BigBadJohn

i was looking around to see what everybody is running for exhaust. i hate to ask a general question like "WHATS the BEST EXHUAST?" so i've tried to narrow it down a bit and get an opinion on a theory of mine. is anybody running / or have a constructive opinion on using the magnaflow spun cats, into magnaflow mufflers, then exiting out turndowns before the rear axle? i dont think i'm going to put longtubes on, unless anybody has a pair they want to let go of cheap (doubt it). so i'm curious what stock manifolds into mag-spun cats, into the mag mufflers, and out the turn down downs would be like. thanx in advance - john

I'm running dual 2.5" Magnaflows....stock manifolds and cats, stock piping until right before the muffler used to reside...then an x-pipe, and the 2 mufflers side-by-side.

3" turndowns at the muffler exit(s).

Sounds great, and the x-pipe really limited the drone.

Do it.

- Brian

Edited by orion :: SS (see edit history)

thank you ORION, for stepping up to the plate. i think i'll go with the AEM, or K&N cold air intake, followed by the magna spun cats, into an x pipe, then the dual magnaflow muffler's dumped right before the rear axle. then tuned to compensate for the increased airflow both IN and OUT of the engine.

anybody agree/ disagree? :confused:

i appreciate it, nice truck by the way, good luck selling it.

If you are going to be doing that, Save for a few more days and get a set of pace setter long tubes that are coated they run about 375 to 450 a set and get a tune with what you are doing you will thank yourself for doing the whole package. Im running 3" to a X pipe and 3" polished straight through Magnaflow mufflers. But mine are exiting before the passenger rear tire.

i have no cats and use the 3" racing series magna flows http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/02race.asp they are very loud but very mean sounding

Im going to get it all installed this weekend do you have a raspy sound or is it more of a power sound???

Edited by Pipefitters SS (see edit history)

well im fi and cam and lts so the sound is mean no rasp but its very loud

he's not lying about loud that thing is menacing. funny thing is i didn't hear him him pull in my driveway the other day because i had the stereo on in my house

okay, well i'm "DOWN with DRONE", it doesnt bother me, my other truck is a lifted 85 gmc with LT's coming into straight pipes up to the rear axle with NO cats and NO mufflers, and i've driven that thing 8 hours at a time. my harley has open SAMSON SAWED-OFF SHORTIES, you could safely say i like to be loud as long as it sounds good. so i definately want to harness the 'sound-potential' of this truck.