Battery Question

RacerJJ

I had to disconnect my battery during racing eliminations the other day to try and fix a loose connection and after I started it back up, it didn't want to run at first. After a couple of seconds the idle smoothed out and it ran fine. Then on my next run, I lost some ET. My question is does disconnecting the battery fool with the PCM any and should I reload my tune now? Also, does someone make a battery cable kit to change over to a different type of terminal? TIA...

The PCM needs time to learn once the battery is reconnected....it should be fine after some drive cycles. Not sure about the battery cable terminals, I assume you want to go to a top post battery?

:withstupid: When I disconnected mine it seemed to run a little different and my MPG went down. I think the PCM learns from your driving or something.

The tune in the PCM does not change, however all the 'adaptive' stuff is reset; this includes learned fuel trims & trans pressures (if still running adaptive shift timing table). I thought you went OLSD on that truck, if so then there are no 'adaptive' values to relearn, it should have run exactly the same... :confused:

Mr. P. :)