Sts Turbo

SRT10KLLR

lol dood i would love to have it but the wife would murder me
It is better to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission, lol.

BTW, I do not have this problem. I have a turbo on the Ram, and installing one on the Silverado. I also bought a SRT-10 and the wife did not know about it until about a month later(I sent it straight to the shop). This turbo was bought to get a better deal on the other Silverado kit which is why I want to pass the saving on to someone from the forum.

Im new to this forum so bare with me, is this turbo the same as a supercharger unit, and what upgrades would be necessary to accomadate the turbo. Lastly what would it cost to have it installed, roughly.

Nick

There are different kinds of superchargers ie. centrifugal, roots, twin screw etc. but the centrifugal(Vortech, Paxton, ATI Procharger) is the one that most resembles a turbocharger. The difference being that the supercharger is driven by a pulley/belt whereas a turbo runs off of the exhaust.

There are pro and cons for both but it would take a lot of typing to discuss.

The STS turbo I am selling is one of the easiest around as far as installing goes. All you need to do is cut off the exhaust before the muffler and install the turbo. There are no major modifications needed to accommodate it. You do not need anything else to run this kit up to 6lbs(except tuning and injectors) but if you plan on running more boost you should definitely consider an intercooler and/or methanol injection and if going extreme a lower cr engine with forged/better parts.. I would also recommend gauges(boost, a/f, egt etc.) whether running low or high boost.

The install is fairly easy and can be done with some simple hand tools in ones garage but a shop may charge about $500-$900.