John Deere Zero Turn Mower

thrift23

I have 1 acre and I am thinking of buying this JD mower. I have never had a zero turn but it takes me so long to mow my grass with my older riding mower that I usually only mow the front yard and the back waits a couple weeks. Anyone have any experience with this mower?

Twin cylinder John Deere engine manufactured by Briggs and Stratton ensures quieter, low-vibration operation. 7 mph ground speed gets the job done faster. Zero turning radius provides unmatched maneuverability to reduce mowing time. Excellent visibility forward and to the trim side of the deck makes it easy and comfortable for the operator. Adjustable motion control levers allow 15 positions to match operator comfort level. Tracking adjustment is quick and easy from the operator seat. The transmission has strong 1 inch drive axles for longer life.

Hydrostatic, Zero Turn Mower

1-4 1/2 inch cutting height

Hour Meter

15 inch Seat

Foot platform flips up for easy access to the top of the mower deck

3.5 gallon fuel capacity

0-7 MPH

2 year residential use warranty

MFG Brand Name : John Deere

MFG Model # : Z225

MFG Part # : BM21896

I have a Ex-Mark Lazer Z and mow about 2 1/2 acres (have 4 1/2 total) and will say I will never have anything other then a zero turn again. My next one will have the mower deck that lift up verticle for easy cleaning/maintance.

:withstupid: ive got an 72in exmark and it cut my mowing time by over half .. o turns are the only way to go what used to take me 3 hours takes me about 35 mins.. its amazing i dont know much about the jd though but they make good stuff.. and u pay for it..lol

i sell them! and drive them all day. i work for a small engine company who deals landscape equipment john deere, toro, bobcat, wright, stihl, redmax, billygoat ect. . how much you looking to pay for it and where are you located. you can send me a pm if you wish.

Edited by slammedbowtie (see edit history)

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...162754_43276_-1

I have this Cub Cadet and love it... I only have about a half acre total, but it cut my cutting time down to less than 15 minutes going around all the trees and through the fence gate, etc. With a push mower, it was easily 45 minutes. Plus I ordered the snow blower attachment and bought the utility trailer which has come in handy several times. Its not a true zero turn mower where it spins on its center axis, but it will stop and turn 360degrees with the back being the pivot point. Its good enough for me. And I got it for alot less than MSRP if you look around.