Adding A Sub Or Two To My Stock System?

I have a 2005 gmc sierra reg cab I put aa 6.0 in. I want just a lil more bass. Not window rattlin "bumpin" goin down the street, just more than my factory non-bose system. I was thinking about a 10" or two bhind the seats, but want to keep the jack and equipment there. Any suggestions? Also, I'm on a pretty tight budget, so what would be something I could do to add just a lil more bass and stay on the cheap?

do you have the factory stereo? if you do all you need is one of those PAC interface adapters that splices in to one of the speaker wires behind the head unit then you just plug in your rca's and run a remote wire for the amp to turn on. its pretty simple but the sound quality is not that great. its o.k. I have the factory head unit and I adapted one of the PAC adapters. Iupgraded all my speakers to MB quart componets and two 10 JLW6v3. all being run by a JL 500 amp and a epecenter(sp) bass booster. sounds o.k. not very happy. I'm eventualy going to add a double din so that should improve the sound.

I have a stock head unit and I'm running two 10's ( I think there Shakers, I got them from Facelifted SS) with a 1000 watt Kenwood amp. I did not use a PAC interface adapter or need one and they sound perfectly fine. My steering wheel vibrates like hell, my mirrors shake, my seat is constantly vibrating and the sound is perfectly clear. I'm happy. :D

That's kool! I bought a $20 Schosche at wally world last night, but when I got my amp in the mail today, it came with a special plug and has a built-in convertor, so all I have to do is connect this plug to my speaker wires and plug it into the amp. Looks like I'm gettin $20 back from wally world! :P

• 1 month later...