Abs Check Light

BOB47

The abs light on my daughters car is on constantly. Just had brakes put on 3 months ago. It's a 99 Lumina. Pads and rotors still look brand new. Rear brakes are original but still look good. Any ideas?

Could be a few things, most likely it is a bad wheel speed sensor, or a bad/loose/corroded connection at one of the wheel speed sensors. That's where I would start. If everything checks out there, on to the ABS pump/module. If you have a ODB scanner, you should be able to see what ABS codes were thrown. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Bob,

Since the brakes were done 3 months ago check both front wheel sensors. I take it the light has been on since the brakes were replaced. You'll have to pull the wheels and make sure to unplug and plug back in both sides. Also look for any damage to the wires to and from the wheel sensors, I believe they are built into the hub assembly. If the sensor is bad you'll replace the hub bearing assembly. A scanner should narrow it down to the wheel that is the problem (Autozone to the rescue for free :puke: ) If need be I can get you a Delco bearing at a brother-in-law price and ship it to you.

Edited by hot rod truck (see edit history)