6.0l Engine Noises

So my 04 Silverado ss has this noise. First you will only hear it when the engine is under a load , so like when it shifts into say 4th and the engine feels to be making the most torque, if i put my foot into it as much possible before it down shifts , it gets slightly worse. Its hard to tell if the noise is there at hi rpm. This noise is kinda like a bearing or rattle/wobble noise?

2nd today i was messing around with the truck and decided to rev it up in park, not to redline but a pretty good rev and it sounded like something was rattling around in the engine. I was at probably 2k and quickly revved to 4k, when the engine was un revving is when it made the noise. Any ideas?

It seems to idle just fine and runs good, no noise at idle.

Edited by rattlindodge (see edit history)

Valve train noise is common with the LS based engines......yes 91+ Octane is required. Putting anything less then that in it is not going to save you anything. The LQ9 in these trucks has 10:1 compression = high octane fuel required. Low octane in these trucks = knock/ping/detonation = KR = less power, lower fuel economy, less efficiency. :chevy: