Suggestions On Next Mod

lilmarv1117

Alright I have approx $1500 saved up at the moment and another $1000 by Oct...I am looking for other peoples opinions on what they would do...should I continue saving for a maggie supercharger??? or do e-fans and TC?? or any other suggestions...

My original plan was to go for the biggest thing 1st (blower) however, I am alittle uneasy d/t trans issues that seem to occur....

So, I am interested in other people's thoughts....thanks!

Time for a TC, e-fans, and a larger trans cooler.....

:withstupid: Those mods will help the trans last behind the blower, plus make for some fun times. i love to stall mine up and turn over all 4 wheels. I'd expect to spend $1k on a really good stall if you plan to tow. if not the TBTC works great and cost very little when compared to other TC. :chevy:

Get a nice cam and stall. It will sound great with your dual flows. When I first got my cam, I love to listen to it idle at a stop light. I get alot of thumbs up from it. Plus the truck feels way stronger.

there is nothing better than a lumpy idle, when you fire it up and people hear it they know you mean buisness, never had one in the ss but ive built a few 350s

my rule of thumb was as big as i could go but keep the powerband streetable, i say streetable because the bigger the cam the higher rpm powerband which means the higher stall converter you need to run, i always had a th350 3 speed and id only run a 2400 stall, anything more and i would worry about temps and loading up the carb at stop lights... so what you have to do is find out what stall you want to be running around town with and go from there

Bigger is not always better these days on the cam. To hard to tune. I could give you my specs. if you like. If you do go with the cam set up, you won't regret it. I don't know who you would have install it, but make it's someone who knows what they are doing.

Here's alittle taste of what your missing. I don't have my stall yet, but I heard that it really makes a big difference.

th_MOV01094.jpg

i love it!! it sounds WICKED!! I emailed a GM performance guy like 2 hrs from my house about pricing for cam, torgue convertor, trans cooler, install, and tune...and we will see what kind of price i get....so we will see what I can afford right now..thanks for your help with the video...i will contact you if i need some specs...thanks again! i wish i had more of these SSS crazies near me!! haha

1 Fast SS..thats for the advice..I am taking it and getting a cam, torque convertor, and tran cooler...Truck goes in on the 8th..will post videos when i have it back...thanks again!

Let Wheatley know what you are doing for a retune for the new Mods :cheers: Sounds good can not wait to hear the cam !! :chevy:

Nice job. Who's doing the work for you? Some will say to get new push rods with your cam, but it's up to you. When Frank did mine, he felt that I didn't need any, but go with your gut and do the right thing. What cam are you getting? Plan ahead for your cam swap. If your going to build your truck all out, then plan for it. Also if you plan changing your heads, plan for it. Just my advice. Get some cutouts too, so you can really hear that cam!!

Terry

Matt at tune time performance in toms river nj will be doing the install for me...I will be going over the specs and whatnot with him tomorrow...He is aware that i do plan on adding a supercharger in the future...i dont think i will change the heads...and i will ask about the push rods....

ALWAYS get hardened pushrods,cheap insurance

when you are spinning 6200-6400 RPM GET PUSHRODS

If you don't you are crazy as they are only about 120.00 dollars

I promise you will be happy you did

In my opinion it is a must,just like upgrading valve springs are a must

Always Do it right the first time