Lookin To Buy Headers

04blacksss

i am looking to buy headers but not sure what ones to go with i recently bought a radix and will be installing it next weekend i wanna throw in some headers while i do the install. i live in cali so i gotta worry about smog a liittttle bit. what headers can i get and still pass smog?

Pace setters with custom high flow cats will pass a sniffer test, but i know nothing about cali laws as far as cutting your old cats out and putting new ones in. The dynatechs are the only bolt in solution with cats and carry that CA approved number, CARB #?

Actually for Ca. JBA makes a great header in Stainless , ceramic coated , or titanium coated !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=330202630607

Comes with the carb # right on the header (no sticker to lose) Plus its a direct bolt in replacement, you would have to go to a muffler shop for the install on the Bassani headers! I have done 2 jba header installs on 2 SSS's and it couldnt be easier !

Coating them is a must for a few reasons......bare stainless will blue after many heat cycles, not to mention they can pit over time especially if exposed to road salt. Coating them also helps keep underhood temps lower by helping to prevent heat bleed off by the stainless steel.

Another alternative to Jet Hot is using one of our forum members here TJ(kaotik1)....he runs a coating shop in Connecticut and they do awesome work(TJ coated my Dynatechs).

www.northeastcoatings.net

Actually for Ca. JBA makes a great header in Stainless , ceramic coated , or titanium coated !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=330202630607

Comes with the carb # right on the header (no sticker to lose) Plus its a direct bolt in replacement, you would have to go to a muffler shop for the install on the Bassani headers! I have done 2 jba header installs on 2 SSS's and it couldnt be easier !

lol as nice as they may be you my as well buy a throttleb body spacer becasue they will give you no gains.

at least a mid your getting longer runners so youll get some gain. i had togs before and they picked up a little but you need your engine to be able to breath better to really make headers worth it ( ie supercharged , more cubes or h/c)

what ever you go with have them coated. you can jet hot to coat them or buy the headers coated from them, i found this after i bought mine uncoated. http://www.jet-hot.com/

Has anyone bought the 6.0 setup from Jet Hot? Just wondering if they have the newer style dynatech lt headers.

Edited by se_shlock (see edit history)

From what I have read here. Direct bold on shortys, no matter what make are just good for looks. No performance gains what so ever. Mids are a compromise between shortys and full length headers. Mids are legal, and do have a performance gain over stock and shortys, but no where near the gain of long tubes.

*and Gibson only makes shorties for our truck.

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)