Sitting In Bland Rooms For Weeks

well like some of you know, when i am locked in a room, or bed ridden... i develop spending issues :lol: i had developed a plan for a 408 LSX w/ TVS2300, but the current economy is surely not allowing that :sigh:

SO today i bought the following:

-wiseco dished pistons

-eagle lightweight h-beam rods w/ arp L19 bolts

-clevite coated rod bearings

-msd wires

-crane 1.8 roller rockers (been sitting arround)

-comp 916 springs

-ceramic coating entire exhaust

-all new plugs, clean heads to new, replace all gaskets, new WP

-TA girdle hiding a detriot locker

-full 8 rib pulley setup

-maggies new tensioner

-maggie mp122

-ANNNND some nitto NT555R's :D

basically ive messed up some of my current rings and have an intake leak, exhaust leak (damn ASAP student i had help me did half ass work :banghead: ) also hella belt slip, breaking them too.... im basically trying to get it jsut like a stock-seeming DD with 600+whp until i can afford my LSX 408 TVS2300 :D

EDIT: dont forget a few surprises under the hood... i want it to look as show ready under the hood as it does elsewhere :) but its nothing special, saving that for the LSX

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

since i prob wont be able to start anything until well after treatment, all take lots of pics of the goodies and keep all updated... i ant got anything else to do anyways lol :jester:

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

Wiseco :thumbs: :thumbs:

I've been dreaming of building a motor too; last night I checked the ATF dipstick and I can definitely hear clacking valetrain at idle now, I'm pretty sure I've got the dreaded crappy LQ9 lifter problem.

Mr. P.

Too bad they won't let you have an engine stand in your room :lol: "Nurse, torque wrench please..." :jester:

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

I've been dreaming of building a motor too; last night I checked the ATF dipstick and I can definitely hear clacking valetrain at idle now, I'm pretty sure I've got the dreaded crappy LQ9 lifter problem.

I have the nice idle tick too, 35.5K on the motor here. :freak:

Wiseco :thumbs: :thumbs:

Mr. P.

Too bad they won't let you have an engine stand in your room :lol: "Nurse, torque wrench please..." :jester:

:lol: lmao steve....

yea im using the rediculously priced crane racing lifters that i had in my original motor... hope they arent too noisey :smash:

lol so true... that might make me more bored :lol:

update: going with a 370, strictily because i want a very very quiet sleeper motor. i want the clearances and tolerances perfect. so next week, hopefully, i can pull the motor and get it sent off. since this whole cancer thing im just gunna have a good engien builder friend do it, i dont have the energy. so ill get it back ready to drop in, throw maggie on and GOOOOOOOOOOO

Sounds like a plan! Are you going to do some ARP head studs when you slap the heads back on? I say go for it and add a 125 shot of nitrous! :devil: With your new pistons and other lower end treatment, it should hold just fine and be for one hell of a ride. Hurry up and get well soon :driving: Looks like I need to buy some stock in Nitto rubber company :wink2:

actually the truck has mahle pistons, eagle rods, ARP 2000 rod bolts, LPE high volume oil pump, gt2-3 cam, CNC'd LS2 heads, LS7 lifters, ARP head studs, LS6 valve springs, and some other stuff... shes pretty tough as it is.

so change of plans, overbore .005" and resleeve block.... rebalance everything, and most likely a TVS1900. 8 rib setup is in the mail, everythings in the mail minus the blower. hopefully i get a week where i feel good enough to pull my motor so i can get this done :)

• 2 weeks later...