Dodge Viper Acr Sets Unofficial Nürburgring Lap Record

zanis520

I'd buy a viper over a vette anyday. for one simple reason, Vettes are EVERYWHERE!!! and until the recent ZR1, they all looked the same to the untrained eye. i wouldnt care what one was faster, or could stop better, or handle better. i would never use it to the potential it was ment to be driven. i think either way, you cant lose, but if you want looks, watch the heads turn when a viper drives by.

I'd buy a viper over a vette anyday. for one simple reason, Vettes are EVERYWHERE!!! and until the recent ZR1, they all looked the same to the untrained eye. i wouldnt care what one was faster, or could stop better, or handle better. i would never use it to the potential it was ment to be driven. i think either way, you cant lose, but if you want looks, watch the heads turn when a viper drives by.

very true...but when it came down to signing the papers....i'd feel more comfortable signing a chevy paper than a dodge paper :uhoh:

Edited by Oo p0op oO (see edit history)

very true...but when it came down to signing the papers....i'd feel more comfortable signing a chevy paper than a dodge paper :uhoh:

agreed with that too. oh well, in the end its still a car and once you drive it off the lot, its worth half.

cant win :(

C'mon guys..you've got to give credit where credit is due.

Chevy vs Dodge, whatever...

The Viper ACR is 100% a better TRACK car than the ZR1. There is NO argument to be made otherwise.

...and even thought they might say it's unofficial...the video is proof.

- Brian

ha ha, this quote made me laugh

Viper clup of north america rented nurburgring for half a day, brought two ACR’s and Hired pro WTCC driver Tom Coronel to break the record that the ZR1 set…the ACR has no radio, no carpet, no sound insulaton, no tire inflation system, its strictly a race car…The ZR1 has navigation, leather heated seats, and gets 25mpg…and the lap was done by Jim Mero who is an engineer…Viper has no bragging right hear, they should be ashamed! yea, suck on that you goat :chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy:

Edited by badass03ss (see edit history)

ha ha, this quote made me laugh

Viper clup of north america rented nurburgring for half a day, brought two ACR’s and Hired pro WTCC driver Tom Coronel to break the record that the ZR1 set…the ACR has no radio, no carpet, no sound insulaton, no tire inflation system, its strictly a race car…The ZR1 has navigation, leather heated seats, and gets 25mpg…and the lap was done by Jim Mero who is an engineer…Viper has no bragging right hear, they should be ashamed! yea, suck on that you goat :chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy:

yea but ur comparing apples to oranges. im not 100% sure but i think the ZR1 had set the record for a street legal car, and now the viper has it. yes it is made for the track but its still street legal and thats the record. chevy can come up with a vette that is lightweight and made for track but they havent, they have the C6R but its illegal on the streets. anyways, again, im not sure if that is the record, but i thought it was

Did anyone see the top gear british tv show where they had this girl who has over 15,000 laps of "the ring" under her belt, do the lap in a diesel powered ford transit van in 10 minutes and 8 seconds? She was blowing by motorcycles in a van. It was absolutely pricless.

I found the video and it starts about 3:15 in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_0-MiaDlpE