Starting My Tt Setup!

mean05

Nitrous is all off the truck and sold...I have been gathering parts over the past coupe of weeks for my TT build on my 03 SSS...at first im still going to keep my stock block and run about 10-14psi on it for now, i have hopefully picked up an LS2 to start building my 370 out of and as much as i wanted to keep this AWD i am affraid it will end up 2wd with an 80e behind it, but those mods are next spring....

Now for what i am doing now, i have picked up 2 precison 61mm turbos, i have Louis at LG Motorsports helping me fab this kit, he is good friends with Rick @ Synergy Motorsports and got a few pointers from him. I am doing this build on a budget and so far it looks as if we will stay under it...i picked up Tial 38mm wastegates, dual 2.5" inlets and single 3" outlet intercooler, all piping, injectors and pump up myself, Louis already had the turbos from another build he decided not to do, and he has the flanges and what not we need also, all we are waiting on is for him to make room in his shop and we will get into fabbing the hot side, i have already mounted the intercooler and checked to see how i will run the piping and it's almost as if the truck was made for twins! Last week i pulled out my lumping ass cam and threw an 04 LS6 vette cam in there, while i was in there i wnet ahead and tapped the timing chain cover for the oil returns...better then tapping the pan and worrying about shavings getting in the oil pan....Anywho here's some pics of whats done so far, the twins will be done by the end of this month!

PIC-0056.jpg

PIC-0058.jpg

PIC-0059.jpg

PIC-0048.jpg

If you need a blow off valve I have one FS.

Looks like a great plan so far, I was wanting to go single turbo for a while now but I have been thinking about going with the twins. I cant wait to see the progress

Edited by Turbocoop (see edit history)

If you need a blow off valve I have one FS.

Looks like a great plan so far, I was wanting to go single turbo for a while now but I have been thinking about going with the twins. I cant wait to see the progress

what brand and how much ya wanting?

here's the turbos im running on the truck :D

PIC-0064.jpg

PIC-0065.jpg

PIC-0066.jpg

The bov is a TurboXS RFL- Ill take $50 shipped for it. I dont know how much theyre going for on ebay these days but its a real one not a knockoff. I dont have the flange you mount it to the piping with but all you need is a little peice of pipe cause its slips over and screws on, its easy. Heres a pic:

2487981872_b71feb16e2.jpg

Looks like I have the same turbo as you too, maybe I should just get another one and throw em on my truck :D:cheers:

2487082262_c4434cafea.jpg

How much did you pay for yours if you dont mind me asking, this same one sells for like $800-$1100 new on ebay. Do yours have the 4 or 5-bolt exhaust flange?

damn that is the same turbos im running, the exhaust side is .82 and i got 4 bolt flanges, i paid $1600 for the pair, i may be interested in the BOV though, i will let you know later on this week...im tapped out at the moment lol