Mail Order Vs Street Tune

CenWaSS

I have seen some mail order tunes that have been good, but not close. I have also seen some other mail order tunes that are just plain scary.

Also a big factor, and why in person tune is better, the atmosphere of where the truck is located. In person tune can take that into consideration, its much more difficult for mail order tunning.

IMO a street tune and a dyno tune are the best for these trucks. A mail order can be good too, but it also depends on the tuner who tuned your truck. If I was going with a mail order tune I would go with Justin at Black Bear because he has the data logging software which will make for a better mail order tune.

• 1 month later...

A wideband is a device that reads the AFR of the engine while it's running. It's very important to use this for tuning for any real custom set-up and for mild applications it's still a plus.

A drove around with one in my Tahoe for about a week straight, I think I'm an expert at reading it now :)