Funny Story About A "homeless" Person

usabodyguard

So the wife and I go out to eat at a fancy Chinese restaurant tonight, and with ample left-overs we decided to take the untouched food with us, even though we rarely eat leftovers... I mention to my wife we should take it and give it to a homeless person, and she says that there is usually 1 guy on the other end of the strip mall near rite aid...

so with a bag full of food, plastic utensils, cookies, napkins... the makings of a great feast (lots of food left) we walk across the parking lot to rite aid as she needs to shop there anyways... sure enough as we are walking in, i see a guy over in the corner standing next to an empty shopping cart, smoking a cig...

I motion to my wife that i am going to go give him our chinese food and she said she would meet us inside... so i have the bag in one hand, and a couple of bucks in another and I walk up to this guy and say...

"Hey buddy... i have this for you..." I extend both my arms, food in one hand, money in the other...

guy looks at me like... WTF?

I suddenly realize, this guy is NOT homeless and say... "Oh damn, uh... im sorry i thought... uh, nevermind..."

the guy started laughing and said... "Im not homeless...lol..."

I apologized, turned around and walked away... DOH!

even when you try and do something nice it can backfire!!!

:smash:

my grandpa was a dentist, so he had a little bit of money. whenever he would go buy stuff he would always wear the most tore up outfit and shoes he owned. one car dealer was put back when he asked how he was going to pay for the car he was looking at and my grandpa said "CASH!" shoes had a nail holding the sole on and a bunch of paint spots on em.

my grandpa was a dentist, so he had a little bit of money. whenever he would go buy stuff he would always wear the most tore up outfit and shoes he owned. one car dealer was put back when he asked how he was going to pay for the car he was looking at and my grandpa said "CASH!" shoes had a nail holding the sole on and a bunch of paint spots on em.
That's the way my grandfather is. He told an arrogant salesman one time to not judge him by his looks, because he pays cash for his cars. Salesman changed his tune real quick.

Hey, your heart was in the right place. It's not as embarassing as asking a woman when the baby is due, only to find out she's not pregnant! :lol:

Funny thing is, I almost did that when I was a server at a high end resteraunt. However, I did catch my self, later to find out she wasn't pregnant. She just had a beer gut.